Valley High School (New Mexico)
Valley High School is a public high school in the North Valley area of Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States. It is part of the Albuquerque Public Schools district. The school opened in 1954 and enrolls around 1,800 students.
|Valley High School|
Valley High School
1505 Candelaria Rd. NW
|Type||Public high school|
Maroon and gold
|Athletics conference||NMAA, 6A Dist. 5|
|Rival||Rio Grande |
West Mesa High
Atrisco Heritage High
VHS competes in the New Mexico Activities Association (NMAA), as a class 6A school in District 5. In 2014, the NMAA realigned the state's schools in to six classifications and adjusted district boundaries. In addition to Valley High School, the schools in District 5-6A include West Mesa High School, Rio Grande High School, Albuquerque High School and Atrisco Heritage Academy High School.
- Patti Cohenour, actress
- Arian Foster, Houston Texans running back
- Sid Gutierrez, astronaut
- Minka Kelly, actress
- Michael Larson, investment manager
- Bobby Shew, jazz trumpeter
- Gregory Zanetti, military officer and politician
- Charles Duhigg, pulitzer prize winning reporter and best-selling author
- "VALLEY HIGH". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- "Valley High School". Albuquerque Public Schools. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-21. Retrieved 2014-09-22.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Belcher, David (February 27, 2005). "Broadway Bound". Albuquerque Journal. NM. p. F1.
- "Arian Foster". NFL. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- Sanchez, Arley (March 2, 1995). "Ex-astronaut explores NASA's fate". Albuquerque Journal. NM.
- "Emarrassing Celebrity Yearbook Pics! Minka Kelly". Us Weekly. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "Still a great job: Making sure Bill Gates stays rich". Fortune. Retrieved 20 July 2012.
- Steinberg, David (February 22, 2002). "Home-grown, home-inspired". Albuquerque Journal. NM.
- Gregory Zanetti
- "Charles Duhigg: New York Times Best-Selling Author of Smarter Faster Better and The Power of Habit". Charles Duhigg. Retrieved 2019-01-05.