United Hospital, Dhaka
United Hospital is a private hospital in Gulshan Thana, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Mohammad Faizur Rahman is the Managing Director and CEO of the hospital. United Hospital along with Apollo Hospital Dhaka and Square Hospital are considered high end private hospitals.
United Hospital was originally called Continental Hospital and was established in the mid 1980s. In 2004, Continental Hospital was purchased by a group of investors, led by United Group and later renamed to United Hospital.
The first ever endoscopic laser assisted surgery in Bangladesh was performed at United Hospital on 8 November 2015. Radical Cystoprostatectomy with Orthotopic Neobladder Reconstruction Surgery was performed by Dr M A Zulkifl at United Hospital on a 60 year old patient. Dr Ashim Kumar Sen Gupta successfully conducted the first chronomodulated chemotherapy on an elder patient with advanced colon cancer.United Hospitals Limited successfully carried out the first Transcatheter Valve Implant operation of implanting the aortic valve of a patient on July 25.
- "United Hospital observes World Heart Day". The Daily Star. 30 September 2018. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "United Hospital gets new CEO". The Daily Star. 21 August 2018. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "Apollo Hospital running at 50pc of capacity". The Daily Star. 13 March 2008. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "First ever endoscopic laser assisted surgery performed in United Hospital". The Daily Star. 8 November 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "Rare surgery performed at United Hospital". Dhaka Tribune. 5 July 2021. Retrieved 5 July 2021.
- "United Hospital conducted the first chronomodulated chemotherapy". The Daily Star. 11 April 2021. Retrieved 5 July 2021.
- "Transcatheter valve implant now in Bangladesh". The Daily Star. 30 July 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2021.