Umlaut(Redirected from Umlaut (disambiguation))
|Look up Umlaut, Umlauts, umlaut, or umlauts in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Umlaut may refer to:
Language and writingEdit
- Umlaut (linguistics), a sound change where a vowel was modified to conform more closely to the vowel in the next syllable; in particular:
- I-mutation, a specific type of umlaut triggered by a following high front vowel; in particular:
- Diaeresis (diacritic), sometimes called an umlaut, though it marks a distinct phonological phenomenon
- Metal umlaut, used in names of heavy metal or hard rock bands for visual rather than phonetic effect
- Ümlaut (band), a band on CrimethInc
- Umlaut (software), an open source link resolver front-end for libraries
- Umläut, Clinton McKinnon's experimental Australian rock band
- Lars Umlaut, a character playable in the Guitar Hero series of music video games
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Umlaut.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.