Ulysses Grant Baker Pierce
From 1901 to 1943, Pierce was the pastor of All Souls Unitarian Church in Washington, D.C. He held the position of Chaplain of the United States Senate from 1909 to 1913, under President William Howard Taft.
Pierce died on October 10, 1943, at the age of 78. His ashes were entombed in a niche in the southwest corner of the Court of the Founders, All Soul’s Unitarian Church, Washington, D.C.
- General Catalogue, Newton Theological Institution, p. 201
- Pierce, Ulysses G. B. Papers, 1903-1950
- General catalogue of the Divinity School of Harvard University, Harvard Divinity School, p. 115
- All Souls Unitarian website
- The Journal of the Senate, Issue 31, California Legislature.