U.S. Ancona 1905
|Full name||Unione Sportiva Ancona 1905 S.r.l.|
|Nickname(s)||I Dorici (The Dorians) |
I Biancorossi (The Red and Whites)
|Ground||Stadio del Conero,|
|2016–17||Serie C/B, 20th (relegated)|
The club changed its name to U.S. Ancona 1905 from S.S. Piano San Lazzaro in 2010, due to the bankruptcy of the main football team of the city, A.C. Ancona. However, after a relegation in 2017, U.S. Ancona 1905 withdrew from the football pyramid.
This article or section appears to be slanted towards recent events. (September 2017)
The club was founded in 1948 as Società Sportiva Piano San Lazzaro and after its 2nd place in 2009–10 Eccellenza Marche it was renamed in 2010, after another failure of the main football club of the city, A.C. Ancona, changing its denomination to Unione Sportiva Ancona 1905, maintaining the same league.
US Ancona 1905 then became the new Ancona and the main football club of the city, but it is not its legitimate heir, having not yet acquired its brand and its sports title.
The club in the season 2010–11 obtains a prestigious "triplete":
- winning the 2010–11 Coppa Italia Dilettanti, obtaining so too the direct promotion to 2011–12 Serie D, beating in the final 3–1 the team of Eccellenza Lazio group B, Marino,
- after having previously won the "Regional Coppa Italia Marche" and
- winning also the league of Eccellenza Marche allowing the promotion of the aforementioned Latium team Marino, finalist of 2010–11 Coppa Italia Dilettanti.
The club in the season 2011–12 plays in Serie D group F with the objective of obtaining an immediate promotion to Lega Pro Seconda Divisione. On 29 November 2011, after the incredible remount suffered with Riccione who drew 2–2 to sawing 2 goals in the final minutes the coach Massimiliano Favo was sacked and substituted by Marco Osio, until 3 February 2012 when he rescinds the contract by mutual agreement with the company. The new coach of the team becomes Sauro Trillini. The team was ranked 3rd qualifying so for the Promotion playoffs, but it was eliminated from Sambenedettese in the second round.
In the 2012-13 season, the club played to the third round of the 2012–13 Coppa Italia Serie D where they lost to S.S. Sambenedettese Calcio on penalties 4-3 after drawing the game at 3-3. In the Serie D group F, the club was placed seven in the group.
Promoted to professionalism and disestablishmentEdit
In the 2013–14 season, Ancona won the Serie D title and thus ensured promotion to the 2014–15 Lega Pro, and back into professionalism. However, after finished as the 20th of the Group B of 2016–17 Lega Pro season, the club did not join the 2017–18 Serie D.
Colors and badgeEdit
The team's color are white and citation needed][
Ancona 1905 play their home matches at the 25,000 capacity, Stadio del Conero, located in the city of Ancona.
-  Archived 24 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Ecco l'Ancona avversario del Marino". Archived from the original on 24 April 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "I biancorossi in Eccellenza si chiameranno Ancona 1905 • Vivere Ancona". Vivereancona.it.
- "Comunicato Ufficiale N°11 (2010–11)" (Microsoft Word). Comitato Regionale Marche (Press release) (in Italian). Lega Nazionale Dilettanti (LND). 21 August 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Il sindaco annuncia il nome: "Sarà Us Ancona 1905"". il Resto del Carlino (in Italian). 10 August 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Il Resto Del Carlino – Ancona – Ancona, 'Triplete' da sogno ma ora via di corsa dal dilettantismo". Ilrestodelcarlino.it.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 April 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "L'Ancona ha vinto la Coppa Italia Dilettanti ed è promossa in serie D " Riviera Oggi". Rivieraoggi.it. 6 April 2011.
- "Calcio: l'Ancona 1905 vince il Campionato di Eccellenza, vittoria criticata • Vivere Senigallia". Viveresenigallia.it.
- "Corriere Adriatico". Corriereadriatico.it.
-  Archived 28 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Lazio – Città di Marino promosso in serie D – Notiziario del Calcio". Notiziariocalcio.com.
- "Primo giorno di mister Osio". Archived from the original on 9 June 2012. Retrieved 30 November 2011.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Clamoroso ad Ancona: si dimette Osio. Panchina a Sauro Trillini « Riviera Oggi". Rivieraoggi.it. 3 February 2012.
- "Serie D 2017/2018: I gironi" (Press release) (in Italian). Serie D. 11 August 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "L'U.S. ANCONA 1905 NON S'ISCRIVERA' ALLA LND" (Press release) (in Italian). U.S. Ancona 1905. 26 July 2017. Archived from the original on 6 August 2017. Retrieved 27 September 2017.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "UFFICIALE: US Anconitana ammessa in Prima categoria!". marcheingol.it (in Italian). 31 August 2017. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Comunicato Ufficiale N°16 (2017–18)" (Microsoft Word). Comitato Regionale Marche (Press release) (in Italian). LND. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "STORIA" [Story] (in Italian). A.S.D. Piano San Lazzaro 1948. Retrieved 27 September 2017.