Andy Towle(Redirected from Towleroad)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Andy Towle //) is an American blogger and media commentator based in New York City. Towle, who is gay, started his blog Towleroad in 2003. The blog focuses on LGBT-targeted news and entertainment.
|Alma mater||Vassar College|
|Occupation||Blogger and media commentator|
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He holds two Bachelor of Arts degrees from Vassar College in Art History and English. He was awarded the W.K. Rose Fellowship in the Creative Arts by Vassar, a Wallace Stegner graduate fellowship at Stanford University, and two writing fellowships at the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, Massachusetts. While in Provincetown he produced poetry, and worked as a pool boy and a bartender at The Boatslip. After moving to New York in 1992, he became a bartender and later a manager at the 1990s Chelsea gay bar Splash. He returned to New York in 2004 after living first in Hong Kong (where he was for several years partnered with Amazing Race winner Chip Arndt) and later in Los Angeles.
- "Towleroad". Crunchbase. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- Here Publishing (6 June 2006). The Advocate. Here Publishing. pp. 20–. ISSN 0001-8996.
- Draper, Jimmy (24 Jan 2017). "'What has she actually done?' Gay men, diva worship, and the paratextualization of gay-rights support". Critical Studies in Media Communication. 34 (2): 130–137. doi:10.1080/15295036.2017.1288916. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- NYC Protest and Civil Rights March Opposing Proposition 8, Andy Towle, Towelroad.com, November 13, 2008; accessed November 14, 2008.
- Jim Buzinski; Cyd Zeigler (2007). The Outsports Revolution. Alyson. ISBN 978-1-59350-005-4.
- "Andy Towle". The Maynard Institute. Retrieved 26 June 2016.