The Outlook (New York City)
(Redirected from The Outlook (New York))
|Based in||New York City|
The Christian Union (1870–1893)Edit
The Outlook began publication January 1, 1870, as The Christian Union (1870–1893).
The Outlook (1893–1928)Edit
The Outlook and Independent (1928–1932)Edit
The New Outlook (1932–1935)Edit
From 1932 to 1935 the magazine was published as The New Outlook. Its last issue was dated June 1935.:422
- Theodore Roosevelt was an associate editor for The Outlook, after he served as president.
- Edwin Arlington Robinson
- In 1900 Booker T. Washington published autobiographical pieces in The Outlook. These pieces were collected in book form and published in 1901 as Up from Slavery. A report by Washington about the new state of Oklahoma was published in the first issue of 1908.
- Alfred Emanuel Smith, Francis Rufus Bellamy, and Harold Trowbridge Pulsifer were editors.
- Oscar Cesare was an editorial cartoonist for the magazine.
- Benjamin Kidd's interview article, "Future of the United States" (September 1, 1894) made him a celebrity in the United States.
- Robert Cantwell was literary editor of The New Outlook (1932–1935)
- Mott, Frank Luther (1930). A History of American Magazines. 1. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press. pp. 422–435. ISBN 9780674395527. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Garcia, Hazel Dicken (1989). Journalistic Standards in Nineteenth-Century America. Madison, Wisconsin: University of Wisconsin Press. p. 253. ISBN 9780299121747. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Edward Wagenknecht (1982). American profile, 1900-1909. Univ of Massachusetts Press. ISBN 978-0-87023-351-7.
- Mott, Frank Luther (1957). A History of American Magazines. 2: 1850-1867. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press. pp. 367–379. ISBN 9780674395510. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- Roosevelt, Theodore (1909). Alfred Emanuel Smith (ed.). New Outlook. Outlook Publishing Company, Inc.
- John Hall Wheelock, Matthew Joseph Bruccoli, Judith Baughman (2002). The last romantic. Univ of South Carolina Press. ISBN 978-1-57003-463-3.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "William Stanley Braithwaite, ed. (1878–1962). Anthology of Magazine Verse for 1920 - Articles and Reviews of Poets and Poetry Published During 1919–1920". bartleby.com. Retrieved 25 November 2010.
- Booker T. Washington""Boley: A Negro Town in the American West" 1908".
- New Outlook. Outlook publishing Company, Incorporated. 1894-01-01.
- William Stanley Braithwaite; Alan Frederick Pater, eds. (1913). Anthology of Magazine Verse for ... and Year Book of American Poetry. W. S. Braithwaite.
- See online
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Outlook (New York).|