Deerslayer (1943 film)
|Directed by||Lew Landers|
|Produced by||E.B. Derr|
|Written by||P.S. Harrison|
|Based on||novel The Deerslayer by James Fenimore Cooper|
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
|November 22, 1943|
Filming began in June 1943.
It was the first notable film role for Yvonne de Carlo who was borrowed from Paramount Studios. "She later wrote, "There have been several movie versions of The Deerslayer and this was probably the least memorable, but at the time I was thrilled to be in it."
Harrison's publication Harrison's Reports published their first review acknowledged not to have been written by Harrison. It was written by Abram F. Myers.
- Deerslayer Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 11, Iss. 121, (Jan 1, 1944): 55.
- "Film Reviews: Deerslayer". Variety. November 10, 1943. p. 35. Retrieved June 15, 2019 – via Archive.org.
- DRAMA AND FILM Los Angeles Times 8 June 1943: 15.
- De Carlo, Yvonne; Warren, Doug (1987). Yvonne : an autobiography. St Martins Press. p. 78.
- ""Deerslayer" with Bruce Kellogg and Jean Parker". Harrison's Reports. November 13, 1943. p. 184. Retrieved June 15, 2019 – via Archive.org.