The Bachelor (British series 4)
The Bachelor UK 2011 is the fourth series of the reality television series The Bachelor, featuring Gavin Henson as "The Bachelor". The show was off-air for 6 years in the UK after the show previously aired on BBC Three, but was aired on Channel 5 between 19 August 2011 to 28 October 2011.
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Original network||Channel 5|
|Original release||19 August –|
28 October 2011
Filming of the series took place over 2 months, in the south of France, Italy, the UK, with the final held in St. Lucia. The Batchelor was rugby player, Gavin Henson. In the 7th episode, Henson was required to visit the parents of the quarter finalists which meant that for one of the contestants, Zivile, he had to visit Vilnius, Lithuania.
Finalist Layla Manoochehri was previously notable for being the girlfriend of Simon Webbe, whom she broke up with in 2011, as well as for reaching the finals of the fifth season of The X Factor as a member of the group Girlband.
The 25 contestants are as follows:
- Morgan, glamour model from Derby
- Nickie, single mum from Blackpool
- Zivile, retail stylist from Vilnius
- Chantelle, model from The Wirral
- Keshia, PE student from Cheltenham
- Angharad, beauty adviser from Cardiff
- April, fashion designer from Hertfordshire
- Georgie, cruise ship singer from Staffordshire
- Carrie, beauty adviser from Devon
- Bryony and Kathryn, property entrepreneur twins from London
- Zena, web designer from Hertfordshire
- Aaleeah, businesswoman from London
- Natasha, travel consultant from London
- Ola, fashion retailer from London
- Laura, receptionist from The Wirral
- Tia, promotional model from Derby
- Laura Blair , dancer from London
- Sammy, flight attendant from Essex
- Tabby, model from London
- Danielle, receptionist from Liverpool
- Vikki, accountant manager from Dorking
- Sammi, businesswoman from Kent
- Carianne Barrow, model from Middlesex -Winner
- Layla Manoochehri, songwriter from Essex
Quarter-finalists were Layla, Carianne, Zivile, Morgan and April. The Bachelor visited the parents and family of the contestants.
Layla, Carianne and April were selected for the semi-final in St. Lucia. After dates with the three girls Gavin decided to let April go, leaving Carianne and Layla to battle it out for his affections.
Layla and Carianne were the last two he shared romantic dates with. Although he said he had feelings for both the girls, he said that he loved Carianne and he chose her as his "girlfriend", telling her he loved her and she replied that she loved him also.
Carianne broke up with Henson in early 2012, describing him as "spineless" and "really dry" and saying the "whole experience was really fake".
|12||Laura||Aaleeah||Laura B.||Laura B.|
- The contestant was eliminated at the rose ceremony
- The contestant was on a two-one-one date and received a rose prior to the rose ceremony
- The contestant was on a one-on-one date and received at rose prior to the rose ceremony
- The contestant was on a two-on-one date and was eliminated
- The contestant was given a rose prior to the rose ceremony
- The contestant won the competition
|Episode||Date||Total Viewers||Channel 5 Weekly Ranking|
- Jennifer Kyte (29 October 2011). "Girl who stole Gavin Henson's heart". Daily Star. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Bryant, Tom (1 April 2011). "Blue star Simon Webbe dumped by X Factor star Layla Manoochehri after he's caught on bed with The Only Way is Essex star Chloe Simms".
- Daniella Graham (14 March 2012). "Gavin Henson was boring, says The Bachelor winner Carianne Barrow". The Metro. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "BARB". BARB. 12 September 2011.