Tareen Jahan (born 26 July) is a Bangladeshi actress, model and singer. In 1987 or 1988, she stood first at the reality television competition program Notun Kuri for acting, dancing and storytelling divisions. Since then she started to working on television as a child artist. She won Meril Prothom Alo Awards in 2006, 2007 and 2012.
|Occupation||Actress, model, singer|
(m. 2001; div. 2001)
|Awards||Meril Prothom Alo Awards|
Jahan became first in acting, dancing, and storytelling category in Bangladeshi talent hunt Notun Kuri in 1985. She got lessons of classical music from Ustad Hasan Ikram Ullah. Seeing Tareen's interest and enthusiasm for dancing, her mother Tahmina Begum would send her daughter to Tapan Das Gupta to learn dancing at the age of three and a half years. She was the youngest among the five sisters. She otained a master's degree in social work from Lalmatia Women's College.
Jahan got her first major role as a child actor in the TV drama serial Ei Shob Din Ratri then she acted on the mega serial named Songsoptok, based on the novel by Shahidullah Kaiser, as a child artist in 1988. She started her career as a lead actress in Bangla drama named Kathalburi against Tauquir Ahmed, aired on ATN Bangla. Tareen Jahan appeared in numerous television plays including ‘Eishob Dinratri’, ‘Shongshoptok’, ‘Ful Baganer Sap’, ‘Kotha Chilo Onyorokom’, ‘U Turn’, ‘Maya’, ‘Harano Akash’, ‘Rajkonya’, ‘Shobuj Velvet’ and ‘Ogni Bolaka’. She also acted in many Telefilms. She acted in two films - Pirit Ratan Pirit Jatan and Kajaler Dinratri. As a child actress, she appeared first in the TV serial ‘Eishob Dinratri’ as a lead role. In 1988, a TV serial based on the novel of Shahidullah Kaiser named ‘Shongshoptok’ had Tareen who had a child role in it.
Jahan gave voice in two of the Indian-Bangla films for Priyanka Tribedi and Priyanka Bannerji. She also gave voice for Shabnur in one Bangla film. Jahan and her two sisters Shameema Nahrin Jahan Tuhin and Nahin Kazi owned a production house named ‘Tana’ which consists of ‘Ta’ of Tareen Jahan and ‘Na’ of Nahin Kazi. But now Jahan is not involved with this production and she owns a new production house named ‘A new tree entertainment’.
Jahan released her first solo album named Akash Debo Kake in Eid ul Adha in 2011. There were 10 tracks in the album where four will be duet tracks where she sang with Raghab Chatterjee and Rupankar Bagchi of Kolkata and Ibrar Tipu and Tapan Chowdhury of Bangladesh. Joy Sarkar and Rupankar of Kolkata and Bappa Mazumder, Ibrar Tipu and Belal Khan were the composer of the album. All the tracks are based on different themes includes mind, suffering, rain, hope, pain, sky, request, mother and others. She dedicated a song titled "Amar Prothom Dekha Nayok" to her father. This song was penned by Julfikar Rasel and composed by Ibrar Tipu. She also sang the title song of a drama named "Shopno Gulo Jonak Pokar Moto". This song was written by Arun Chowdhury and composed by Ibrar Tipu. Tareen along with her elder sister Tuhin own a producing company.
Dramas and telefilmsEdit
|Year||Title||Playwright & Director||Co-stars||Aired on||Notes & Source|
|1985-1986||Ei Shob Din Ratri||Humayun Ahmed, Mostafizur Rahman||Asaduzzaman Noor, Dolly Johur||Bangladesh Television||drama serial, acted as a child artist|
|1988||Songsoptok||Shahidullah Kaiser||Raisul Islam Asad, Ferdausi Majumdar, Humayun Faridi||Bangladesh Television||drama serial, acted as a child artist|
|Kathalburi||Tauquir Ahmed||debut as a lead actress|
|Fuler Bagane Saap||Afzal Hossain||acted first with Afzal|
|2006||Kotha Chhilo Onnorokom||Apurbo||won Meril Prothom Alo Awards in Best TV Actress (Popular) category|
|2007||Maya||won Meril Prothom Alo Awards in Best TV Actress (Popular) category|
|Bochhor Kuri Por|
|2011||Rajkonna||produced by her Tana Production House|
|2012||Sobuj Velvet||Muhammad Zafar Iqbal
Abu Raihan Jewel
|ntv|| and won Meril Prothom Alo Awards in Best TV Actress (Critics) category|
|Produced by herself|
|Chhayabrita||Tauquir Ahmed||ATN Bangla||TV serial|
|Kagojer Bari||Arun Chowdhury||ntv||TV serial|
|Bono Chaltar Gaye||Prasun Rahman
|Mahfuz, Mir Sabbir, Fazlur Rahman Babu, Monalisa, Maznun Mizan||5-episode TV serial, aired on Eid-ul-Adha|
|2013||Sopno Golu Jonak Pokar Moto||Jakaria Soukhin
|Milon, Apurbo||ATN Bangla||TV serial, sang the title song|
|Mahfuz Ahmed, Apurbo||ATN Bangla||Eid Special Telefilm, Produced by herself|
|Mahfuz Ahmed, Aupee Karim, Richi Solaiman||SA TV||Eid Special Telefilm, Produced by herself|
|Death of Birthday||Masum Reza
|Tauquir Ahmed||ATN Bangla||Eid Special Telefilm|
|Jotsna O Tar Jol||Tauquir Ahmed
|Eid Special Telefilm|
|Brishti||Chayonika Chowdhury||Eid Special TV play|
|Rong Tulir Achor||Saiful Islam Mannu
|Eid Special TV play|
|Grand Master||Sahjahan Sourav
|Shahiduzzaman Selim||TV serial|
|Hey Nistobdho Purnima Jamini||Bipasha Hayat
|Eid special TV play|
|Abonti Tomar Opekkhay||MS Rana
Naim Imtiaz Niamul
|Milon||Banglavision||3 episode drama, aired on Eid|
|My Husband My Hero||Sahjahan Sourav
Nuzhat Alvi Ahmed
|Jitu Ahsan||Channel 9|||
|2014||Golpoti Sotti||Naim Imtiaz Niamul||Afzal Hossain||SA TV|||
|Onucched 71||Shanta Rahman||Shahadat, Sabuj, Ripon||ATN Bangla||Independent Day special TV play|
|Kalo Mokhmol||Niaz Mahbub||TV serial|
|Apurbo||Ekushey Television||Telefilm, aired on Pahela Baishakh|
|Bewarish Manush||Tarikul Islam|
|Oporanno||Sakhawat Hossain Manik||Partho Barua, Urmila Srabonti Kar||ntv||aired on Eid|
|Sigmar Telephone Songlap||Dilara Hashem
|Partho Barua, Abul Kalam Azad|
|Delishia Hotya||Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain
Begum Momtaz Hossain
|Mir Sabbir||Bangladesh Television|||
|Sur Ar Anondo||Tarin||as host|
|2013||Gaane Alapone||Tarin||ntv||as host, aired on Valentine's Day|
|Pirit Roton Pirit Joton|
|2013||Kajoler Dinratri||Muhammad Zafar Iqbal||Iresh Zaker, Shamim Shahed|
|2012||Akash Debo Kake?||Bappa Mazumder, Ibrar Tipu, Belal Khan||Zulfiqr Russel||4 tracks of the album are duets, including one with Tapan Chowdhury|
|2013||Shopno Gulo Jonak Pokar Moto||Ibrar Tipu||Arun Chowdhury||Serial drama directed by Chayanika Chowdhury.|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|1982||Notun Kuri||Acting, Dancing, Story Telling||First|
|2006||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best TV Actress (Popular)||Kotha Chhilo Onnorokom||Won|
|2007||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best TV Actress (Popular)||Maya||Won|
|2012||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best TV Actress (Critics)||Sobuj Velvet||Won|
- Masud, Mehedi (25 July 2013). তারিনের দিনরাত্রি [Tarin's Lifestyle]. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). Dhaka. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Launched her debut album in August 2011". Dhaka Mirror. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- ঈদে তারিনের নাটক ‘হে নিস্তব্ধ পূর্ণিমা যামিনি’ [Tarin's 'Hey Nistobdho Purnima Jamini' on Eid]. Bijoy Bangla24 (in Bengali). Dhaka. 26 July 2013. Archived from the original on 21 November 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "Tarin's different preparation…". Dhaka Mirror. 2011-08-04. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- এই সময়ের তারিন. Samakal (in Bengali).
- তারিন জাহান - প্রিয়.কম. priyo.com (in Bengali).
- "Tareen honoured at her own college". The New Nation. 10 December 2019.
- বদলে যাওয়া তারিন. Ekushey TV. 2018-07-21.
- তারিন [Tarin]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- বাবাকে তারিনের উপহার! [Tarin's gift to her Father]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2014-04-09. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Khan, Fahud (7 March 2013). নাটকের গানে কণ্ঠ দিলেন তারিন [Tarin rendered voice in Drama Track]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- ঢালিউডে আলোচিত বিবাহ বিচ্ছেদ [Notable divorces in Dhallywood]. Channel i (in Bengali). 2016-06-05. Retrieved 2019-11-30.
- তারিনকে কাঁদালেন চম্পা [Champa cried Tarin]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2013-05-28. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- শিক্ষামূলক নাটকে তারিন [Tarin in educational dramas]. Jaijaidin (in Bengali). Dhaka. 11 September 2012. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- ধারাবাহিকের গানে কণ্ঠ দিলেন তারিন [Tarin lend voice for Drama serial]. Manab Zamin (in Bengali). Dhaka. 16 January 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- নাটক প্রযোজনা করছেন তারিন [Tarin produced Drama]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2013-04-08. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- ধারাবাহিকমুখী তারিন [Tarin moved to Drama serials]. Jaijaidin (in Bengali). Dhaka. 8 March 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- মিলনের ‘অবন্তি তোমার অপেক্ষায়’ [Milon's 'Abonti Tomar Opekkhay']. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2013-10-09. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- তারিনের ‘মাই হ্যাসবেন্ড মাই হিরো’ [Tarin's 'My Husband My Hero']. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2013-12-19. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- দীর্ঘ আট বছর পর একসঙ্গে আফজাল-তারিন [Afzal-Tarin after long Eight years]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2014-01-02. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- আবার শুরু [Again starts]. Manab Zamin (in Bengali). Dhaka. 15 March 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- ফুরিয়ে যাননি তারিন [Tarin hasn't finished]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2014-03-15. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- পহেলা বৈশাখে অপূর্ব-তারিনের ‘মন’ [Apurba-Tarin's 'Mon' on Pahela Boishak]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2014-04-11. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- বেছে বেছে নাটক করছেন তারিন! [Tarin working selective plays]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2014-04-22. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- দীর্ঘ ৭ বছরপর তারা আবারো একসাথে [They together after long seven years]. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2014-09-24. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- তারিনের ‘ডেলেশিয়া হত্যা’ [Tarin's 'Delishia Hotya']. Priyo News (in Bengali). Dhaka. 2014-11-30. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- আবার উপস্থাপনায় তারিন [Tarin again in anchoring]. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). Dhaka. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2015.