Taher Ali Baig is an Indian playwright who has marked his directorial debut in theatre in 2014. He has written, directed and produced various house-full plays at venues like Bangalore Club, Secunderabad Club, Hyderabad Golf Club, Lamakaan, Hyderabad. The Deccan Chronicle has described him as the hitman of the theatre industry. Taher has conducted and organized 20 acting workshops which help boosting confidence, awareness and socialization skills. Taher has made advertising and corporate videos for clients like Kiana Skin Care, Optimus Manufacturers Pvt Ltd, Volvo Cars. Taher directed and wrote a short film Fitrat which has gone on to earn accolades at various film festivals across the globe, which include Best Director in AAB International Film Festival 2020, Critic's Choice Award in L’Age d’Or International Art-house Film Festival (LIAFF), Outstanding Achievement Award in World Film Carnival (WFC), Critic's Choice Award in Tagore International Film Festival (TIFF)  and many more. Sudhanshu Pandey and Rajit Kapur who played the lead did a marvelous job throughout.
Taher Ali Baig
|Occupation||Playwright, Director and Producer|
Taher started his career assisting director Nagesh Kukunoor. Taher later became a playwright and theatre director. He has directed and produced plays like Blithe Spirit, Ali Baba 40 Chor, Matilda, Superlosers, Horn Not Ok Please, Unforetold, Thinking Aloud and Jumanji which are runaway success every time due to absorbing stories, witty dialogues, stellar cast and visionary direction that captivate the audience. In 2014 he has directed a play called Distant Plateau which has the largest audience. Taher is even known for getting some successful plays to Hyderabad like Sharman Joshi starrer Raju Raja Ram aur Main and Rajit Kapur starer  Mosambi Narangi.
|A Distant Plateau||Director, Producer|
|Blithe Spirit||Director, Producer|
|Ali Baba 40 Chor||Director, Producer|
|Jumanji ||Director, Producer|
|Super Losers ||Director, Producer|
|The Journey||Playwright, Producer|
|Thinking Aloud||Director, Producer|
|Horn Not Ok please||Director, Producer|
|Tale of Dharmabudhi and Papabudhi||Playwright, Producer|
|Fitrat ||2020||Writer,Director,Producer||Sudhanshu Pandey, Rajit Kapur||
Finalist, Cult Critic Movie Awards 2020.
Best Director, AAB International Film Festival 2020.
Outstanding Achievement Award, Calcutta International Cult Film Festival.
Critic's Choice Award, L’Age d’Or International Arthouse Film Festival.
Outstanding Achievement Award, World Film Carnival - Singapore.
Best Director(Critics Choice), Tagore International Film Festival.
Outstanding Achievement Award, Tagore International Film Festival.
Official Selection, Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2020.
Official Selection, Jaipur International Film Festival 2020.
Official Selection, Filmsaaz 2020.
Best Actor, Best Global Shorts 2020.
Official Selection, Prokuplje Film Festival 2020.
- jha, neha (30 June 2014). "Director Taher Ali is a hit man". Deccan Chronicle.
- "And..Action! Taher Ali Baig-Actor and Director explains how theatre workshops are great for the li'l budding actors!". 5 July 2016.
- "Monthly Selection – FEBRUARY 2020 – L' AGE D'OR INTERNATIONAL ART HOUSE FILM FESTIVAL". Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Monthly Results – February 2020 – World Film Carnival". Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "About – TIFF". Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "FITRAT BY TAHER ALI BAIG | Cult Critic".
- India, The Hans (9 June 2015). "Perfect commixture of fun and horror". www.thehansindia.com.
- "2020's first Hindi musical in town".
- "'Jumanji' adapted into a Play by Taher Ali Baig | RITZ".
- "Comic Con's back in Hyderabad". Deccan Chronicle. 11 October 2014.
- "Lakshmi Manchu: It was a blast to play Miss TruNchbull: Lakshmi Manchu | Hyderabad News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Riding the mind wave". Deccan Chronicle. 11 September 2017.
- "CII-YI Launches "Horn Not OK Please" Campaign - Hyderabad News on fullhyd.com".