ISO/TC 46 is Technical Committee 46 of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), responsible for Information and documentation.
The scope of the committee is 'standardization of practices relating to libraries, documentation and information centres, publishing, archives, records management, museum documentation, indexing and abstracting services, and information science'.
Since 2022, the Technical Committee Chair is Grégory Miura, from France.
Most work of the Technical Committee is done by Subcommittees (SC) dealing with a particular field. The Subcommittees are:
- ISO/TC 46/SC 2: Conversion of written languages (Inactive)
- ISO/TC 46/SC 3: Terminology of information and documentation (Inactive)
- ISO/TC 46/SC 4: Technical interoperability
- ISO/TC 46/SC 5: Monolingual and multilingual thesauri and related indexing practices (Inactive)
- ISO/TC 46/SC 6: Bibliographic data elements in manual and machine systems (Inactive)
- ISO/TC 46/SC 7: Presentation of publications (Inactive)
- ISO/TC 46/SC 8: Quality - Statistics and performance evaluation
- ISO/TC 46/SC 9: Identification and description
- ISO/TC 46/SC 10: Requirements for document storage and conditions for preservation
- ISO/TC 46/SC 11: Archives/records management
See also edit
- "ISO/TC 46 - Information and documentation". ISO. Retrieved 2021-04-14.
- Technical Management Board Resolution 98/2022, adopted by correspondence on 2022-11-29, in Resolutions Adopted by the Technical Management Board in 2022
- ISO. "Resolutions Adopted by the Technical Management Board in 2018" (PDF). Japanese Standards Association Group.
- "NISO Newsline February 2014 - Electronic Resource Announcements - TAMU Library Wikis". wikis.library.tamu.edu. Retrieved 2021-04-16.