|Christophe Camborde, Chairman and managing director, Founder|
Yannick Lacastaigneratte, Chief Operating Officer, Founder
Arnaud Roudsovsky, Research & Development Director, Founder
Number of employees
Steek was founded in 2001 to develop data management products for the individuals and for small and medium-sized businesses (Small office/home office/SOHO market). The company spent the first two years in research and development.
In 2004, Steek launched its first product targeted at the SOHO market, Yellow Backup, as a data management service using broadband networks.
On February 15, 2007, Steek launched SteekR, an online storage and sharing space and provided Orange's portal Voila.fr a similar platform called "MaClé". At the end of 2007, Steek provided Netvibes a similar platform as well to be used on the site's centralized and user pages. With Orb, Steek provided online storage to allow for content streaming without using PCs. Steek partnered with PNY in order to provide additional online storage to the storage USB key bought by retail customers.
At the beginning of 2008, Steek announced that the company will operate only under the "Steek" brand name and that the Agematis name will no longer be used. In April, Steek announced a new version SteekR V2 of its online storage and sharing space.
F-Secure officially discontinued SteekR service on December 31, 2011.
Steek's products include:
- SteekUP: automated online backup.
- SteekR: online data storage, including music, photos, videos, and other data files which could be streamed or played without downloading. Users could access files with a cell phone or IP TV and could use the content in blogs and RSS feeds.
- "interview of François-Xavier Rousselot, Neuf Cegetel". Youtube. August 30, 2007.
- "Neuf Telecom lance 'Neuf giga' -un service de stockage (in french)". Silicon. February 2, 2006.
- "Agematis a conçu Neuf Giga à partir de Steek, pour Neuf Cegetel (in french)". Neteco. September 25, 2007.
- "Steekr eAR". Steek. February 8, 2007.
- "Orange se met au Web 2.0 et Voila au stockage en ligne (in french)". Echos du net. July 20, 2007.
- "Agematis to provide Netvibes with personal online storage technology for its millions of users". Reuters. December 12, 2007. Archived from the original on October 6, 2008.
- "Orb and Steek demonstrate "Orb Online"". Steek. August 31, 2007.
- "PNY associe clé USB et stockage virtuel (in french)". Silicon.fr. July 19, 2007.
- "Steek Communication Release". Steek. March 10, 2008.
- "Steek annonce la version 2 de SteekR, sa solution de stockage et de partage de fichiers en ligne. SteekR V2 facilite l'accès aux contenus numériques et accentue son orientation Web 2.0. (in french)". Zataz. March 25, 2007.
- "Press release of the acquisition of Steek by F-.Secure". F-Secure. July 10, 2009.
- "Service announcement to users by email newsletter". F-Secure. October 6, 2011.
- "Stockage en ligne : Agematis lève 2,5 millions d'euros (in french)". Journal du net. January 15, 2007.
- "Innovacom Enterprise Software portfolio". Innovacom. May 11, 2007.
- "Easy online backups". Mac World. November 6, 2007.