Steam generator (disambiguation)
A Steam generator is a device used to boil water to create steam. More specifically, it may refer to:
- Boiler (steam generator), a closed vessel in which water is heated under pressure
- Monotube steam generator
- Supercritical steam generator or Benson boiler, a high-pressure steam generator that operates in the supercritical pressure regime, such that no boiling takes place within it.
- Steam generator (auxiliary boiler), a steam-powered boiler used on ships to produce a low-pressure steam, heated by a high-pressure steam supply rather than a flame.
- Steam generator (boiler), an oil- or gas-fired boiler, based on a low-water content monotube coil.
- Steam generator (nuclear power), a heat exchanger in a pressurized water nuclear reactor
- Steam generator (railroad), a device used in trains to provide heat to passenger cars
This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.