Star people or starseeds (sometimes called indigo children) are a variant of the belief in alien-human hybrids in New Age belief and fringe theory. Introduced by Brad Steiger in his 1976 book Gods of Aquarius, it argues that certain people originated as extraterrestrials and arrived on Earth through birth or as a walk-in to an existing human body.
They claim to come into human lifeforms and suffer helplessness and total amnesia concerning their identity, origins and life-purpose. The awakening process claimed to be experienced is described as either a gradual series of realizations over time, or an abrupt and dramatic awakening of consciousness. Through the awakening process, they regain memories about their past, origins and missions.
Washington Post journalist Joel Achenbach interviewed people who said they were starseeds from the Pleiades for his book Captured by Aliens: The Search for Life and Truth in a Very Large Universe, and noted the contrast with ufologists: "the starseed are precisely the kind of New Age figures the traditional ufologists can't stand. Ufologists look outward, toward the universe, for answers to the alien enigma. New Agers look inward."
See also Edit
- Flaherty, Robert Pearson (November 2010). ""These Are They": ET-Human Hybridization and the New Daemonology". Nova Religio: The Journal of Alternative and Emergent Religions. 14 (2): 84–105. doi:10.1525/nr.2010.14.2.84. JSTOR 10.1525/nr.2010.14.2.84.
- York, Michael (June 17, 2009). The A to Z of New Age Movements. Scarecrow Press. ISBN 9780810863323.
- Beverley, James (May 19, 2009). Nelson's Illustrated Guide to Religions: A Comprehensive Introduction to the Religions of the World. Thomas Nelson Inc. ISBN 9781418577469.
- "Traits of Star People and Starseeds". www.bibliotecapleyades.net. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- Stone, Joshua David (December 12, 1996). "32. Star People". Hidden Mysteries. Light Technology Publishing. ISBN 9781622335510.
- Kretowicz, Steph (August 2, 2013). "Feel like an alien? Starseeds say you are". Dazed.com. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- Achenbach, Joel (November 3, 1999). "Captured and hypnotized by aliens!". Salon. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- Raynes, Brent (December 2013). "An Interview with Brad Steiger". Alternate Perceptions Magazine. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- Peake, Anthony (October 9, 2013). A Life of Philip K. Dick: The Man Who Remembered the Future. Arcturus Publishing. ISBN 9781782129141.