This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sport management is the field of business dealing with sports and recreation. Some examples of sport managers include the front office system in professional sports, college sports managers, recreational sport managers, sports marketing, event management, facility management, sports economics, sports finance, and sports information.
Bachelor's and master's degrees in sport management are offered by many colleges and universities. A number of classes outside sport management may be relevant to the field, including; classes in management, marketing, business administration, economics, and accounting. Internships may also open opportunities within the field.
In America, jobs in sport management include working for professional programs like the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, and other professional or non-professional sport leagues in terms of marketing, health, and promotions.
In India, jobs in sport management include managing athletes, working for corporates or leading sports organizations or managing professional programs like the IPL, PKL, PFL, and other professional or non-professional sport leagues in terms of marketing, health, and promotions.
- "Sport Management Academic Programs - Johan Cruyff Institute". Johan Cruyff Institute.
- "Academic Programs". North American Society for Sport Management. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Sports Management Academic Programs – In India". International Institute of Sports Management.
- "Sports & Management Research Institute".
- Tollison, Robert (2008). "Sportometrics". In David R. Henderson (ed.). Concise Encyclopedia of Economics (2nd ed.). Indianapolis: Library of Economics and Liberty. ISBN 978-0865976658. OCLC 237794267.
- Drayer, Joris, Stephen L. Shapiro, and Seoki Lee. "Dynamic ticket pricing in sport: an agenda for research and practice." Sport Marketing Quarterly 21.3 (2012): 184+