This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (December 2018)
Spellbinder is a 1988 American witchcraft-themed thriller film directed by Janet Greek, starring Timothy Daly and Kelly Preston. The screenplay was written by Tracy Tormé. The original music score was written by Basil Poledouris. The film was marketed with the tagline "A nightmare of illusion and betrayal".
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Janet Greek|
|Produced by||Brian Russell|
|Written by||Tracy Tormé|
|Music by||Basil Poledouris|
|Edited by||Steve Mirkovich|
Indian Neck Entertainment
Wizan Film Properties
|Distributed by||MGM/UA Communications Co.|
|Box office||$657,446 (US)|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (June 2017)
Los Angeles attorney Jeff Mills and his friend Derek Clayton rescue a young beautiful woman, Miranda Reed, from an apparently abusive boyfriend. As Miranda has no home, Jeff offers to let her stay at his. Jeff becomes more and more involved with Miranda and the web of intrigue that follows her. As the two became lovers, Jeff learns that Miranda has been eluding a witches' coven (to which she belongs).
The coven seeks Miranda as a sacrifice at the winter solstice. She must come to them of her own free will, however, so the coven uses sorcery to taunt and terrify the Miranda and Jeff. Miranda tells Jeff of her situation, but not the entire truth, and Jeff willingly helps Miranda out of her troubles as he creates his own.
- Timothy Daly as Jeff Mills
- Kelly Preston as Miranda Reed
- Rick Rossovich as Derek Clayton
- Audra Lindley as Mrs. White
- Anthony Crivello as Aldys
- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Lieutenant Lee
- Diana Bellamy as Grace Woods
- James Watkins as Tim Weatherly
- Kyle T. Heffner as Herbie Green
- M. C. Gainey as Brock
- Stefan Gierasch as Edgar De Witt
- Roderick Cook as Ed Kennerle
- "Spellbinder". boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
|This article about a 1980s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|