SOCRATES (pain assessment)
(Redirected from Socrates (pain assessment))
Meaning of the acronymEdit
- Site – Where is the pain? Or the maximal site of the pain.
- Onset – When did the pain start, and was it sudden or gradual? Include also whether it is progressive or regressive.
- Character – What is the pain like? An ache? Stabbing?
- Radiation – Does the pain radiate anywhere? (See also Radiation.)
- Associations – Any other signs or symptoms associated with the pain?
- Time course – Does the pain follow any pattern?
- Exacerbating/relieving factors – Does anything change the pain?
- Severity – How bad is the pain?