Scotland's Gardens

  (Redirected from Scotland's Garden Scheme)

Scotland's Gardens is a horticultural charity established in 1931 and based in Edinburgh. It raises money for other charities by opening otherwise private gardens throughout the country to the general public. The criteria to have your garden listed in the "Yellow Book" are tough, and it is considered a challenge to achieve a listing.

40% of the funds raised are given to charities selected by the owners of the gardens. Over 200 charities benefit every year. The other 60% of funds are given to four charities selected by Scotland's Gardens:

EventEdit

In addition to the gardens listed in its "Yellow Book" the charity also promotes several larger annual events, for example:

  • Orkney Garden Festival
  • Rhododendron Festival
  • Scottish Snowdrop Festival

Participating gardensEdit

Some of the more noted listed gardens include:

See alsoEdit

ReferencesEdit

External linksEdit