This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sarah Lucia Hoagland (born 4 June 1945 in Denver, Colorado) was Professor of Philosophy and Women's Studies at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago. She authored Lesbian Ethics: Toward New Value. She was also co-editor (with Julia Penelope) of For Lesbians Only, an anthology of writing on the topic of lesbian separatism, and (with Marilyn Frye) Re-reading the Canon: Feminist Interpretations of Mary Daly .
- Hoagland, Sarah Lucia; Penelope, Julia (1988). For lesbians only: a separatist anthology. London: Onlywomen Press Ltd. ISBN 9780906500286.
- Hoagland, Sarah (1992). Lesbian Ethics: Toward New Value. Palo Alto, California: Institute of Lesbian Studies. ISBN 9780934903035.
- Hoagland, Sarah Lucia; Frye, Marilyn (2000). Feminist interpretations of Mary Daly. Re-reading the cannon. University Park, Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania State University. ISBN 9780271020198.
- Hoagland, Sarah Lucia (1982), "Sadism, masochism, and lesbian-feminism", in Russell, Diana E. H.; Star, Susan Leigh; Linden, Robin Ruth; et al. (eds.), Against sadomasochism: a radical feminist analysis, East Palo Alto, California: Frog in the Well, pp. 153–163, ISBN 9780960362837.
- Hoagland, Sarah Lucia (1991), "Some thoughts about "caring"", in Card, Claudia (ed.), Feminist ethics, Lawrence, Kansas: University Press of Kansas, pp. 246–263, ISBN 9780700604838.
- Hoagland, Sarah Lucia; Penelope, Julia (1980). "Lesbianism, sexuality and power: the patriarchy, violence and pornography". Sinister Wisdom. Amherst, Massachusetts. 15. OCLC 70961358.
Hoagland is a collective member of the Institute of Lesbian Studies in Chicago, a staff member of the Escuela Popular Norteña, and a Research Associate of the Philosophy Interpretation and Culture Center at Binghamton University (Vestal, New York).
In 2017, Hoagland married her partner of 34 years, Anne Leighton.
- Lesbian Ethics @ JSTOR (registration required)
- Marilyn Frye response to Sarah Hoagland
- Official homepage Archived 2007-01-06 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-10-17. Retrieved 2016-08-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)