San Sebastian College – Recoletos
San Sebastian College – Recoletos (SSC-R), commonly known by its nickname Bastê, is a Catholic institution of higher learning in the Philippines. The school is one of the Augustinian Recollect schools in the Philippines, and is owned and operated by the Order of Augustinian Recollects.
Kolehiyo ng San Sebastián-Rekoletos
Opening Minds, Forming Hearts
|Motto||Caritas et Scientia (Latin)|
Motto in English
|Knowledge based on Love|
|Type||Private Roman Catholic Non-profit Coeducational Basic and Higher education institution|
|Roman Catholic (Augustinian Recollects)|
|ACUCA, ASEACCU, PAASCU|
|President||Rev. Fr. Nemesio D. Tolentin, OAR|
|Alma Mater song||San Sebastian College Hymn|
|Athletics||Varsity team names:|
(college men's varsity teams)
Lady Golden Stags Eagles
(college women's varsity teams)
(High School boys' varsity teams)
Lady Golden Staglets
(High School girls' varsity teams)
SSC-R, situated in the heart of Manila, in R. Hidalgo Street, Quiapo, was named after Roman centurion turned martyr Saint Sebastian. The College had a relatively humble beginning. Its first functional lone building was an old convent: a two-storey Hispanic edifice made of stone and wood with capiz shell windows. The building served as classrooms of the first batch of 200 elementary and high school enrollees. SSC-R was then an exclusive school for boys.
SSC-R was established in March 1941 but was in hiatus from 1942 to 1945 during World War II. It formally reopened after the war in 1947. The term Sebastinian, Filipino: Sebastino, refers to alumni and current students, teaching and non-teaching personnel as well as administrators of San Sebastian College-Recoletos.
The College was granted Level 3 accreditation by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities or PAASCU in the Elementary department, High School Department and the College Department, including the Graduate Studies and College of Law.
San Sebastian College–Recoletos, Manila maintains the lone and highest slot in Tourism being accredited Level 3 by PAASCU, as well as its Social Sciences programs, Business Administration and Psychology courses.
- College of Accountancy, Business Administration, and Computer Studies (CABACS)
- College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
- College of International Hospitality Management (CIHM)
- College of Law
- Basic Education (comprising the Grade School, Junior High School, and Senior High School)
- Institute of Graduate Studies (IGS)
- Religious Education (ReEd)
College of LawEdit
It offers a four-year Juris Doctor course (J.D), a renamed version of its former Bachelor of Laws (Ll.B).
Del Carmen GateEdit
San Sebastian College–Recoletos, Manila has two separate gates namely the Recto Gate, which is the main entrance and the (Plaza) Del Carmen Gate, in which the parking lot is located.
During the 50th Founding Anniversary of San Sebastian College – Recoletos, the administration erected a statue of Pedro H. Gandia, Jr., a Sebastinian scout who, along with the rest of the Philippine contingent, died in a plane crash while on their way to attend the 11th World Scout Jamboree.
Sebastinian Outreach Foundation, IncEdit
San Sebastian College-Recoletos, Manila as a Catholic institution, is giving witness to the Augustinian Recollect charism as a way of living faith and Christianity through the Institutional Community Outreach/Extension Program, supervised by the Sebastinian Outreach Foundation Incorporated (SOFI).
The Sebastinian identityEdit
Golden Stag historyEdit
- Their 5-time consecutive NCAA Seniors' Basketball Championships (achieved from 1993–1998) is the longest championship streak in the NCAA under the leadership then of now Bmeg Derby Ace front man Rommel Adducul
- San Sebastian Golden Stags won the Seniors' Basketball Championship Game twice in 2001-2002.
- In NCAA season 85, San Sebastian Golden Stags ended their 7-year title drought by claiming the Senior's Basketball Championship crown with rookie coach, Ato Agustin from host, San Beda College, which at that time, already had a 3peat championship in the NCAA and aimed to defy San Sebastian's dynasty streak.
- The other senior varsity teams may also be referred to as the Stags. The junior varsity teams are known as the San Sebastian Golden Staglets, while the women's teams are called the San Sebastian Lady Stags.
- In NCAA season 86, the San Sebastian Lady Stags bagged their 6-time Senior's Volleyball Championship Game with coach Roger Gorayeb.
- The staple cheer is Bravo Baste. The supporters of the San Sebastian Golden Stags are known as "bronx warriors".
- Their most prominent rivals in the league of athletics are Colegio de San Juan de Letran and San Beda College.
- "SSC-R Article Archive". Archived from the original on 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- SSC-R as an exclusive for boys school. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- San Sebastian College-Recoletos HS Student Handbook. San Sebastian College-Recoletos de Manila. 2001–2002. p. 8.
- San Sebastian College-Recoletos HS Student Handbook. San Sebastian College-Recoletos de Manila. 2002. p. 24.
- Level 3 in Tourism and Arts Program. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
-  Archived 2014-05-30 at the Wayback Machine Juris Doctor Program. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
-  Archived 2013-06-06 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved May 20, 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to San Sebastian College – Recoletos de Manila.|
- San Sebastian College - Recoletos Manila
- San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Cavite
- San Sebastian College - Recoletos Canlubang
- University of San Jose - Recoletos
- University of Negros Occidental - Recoletos
- Agustino Recoletos Philippines