This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Samma are a clan of Sindhi Muslim Rajput. Samma ruled Sindh, Kutch, Punjab and Baluchistan. Firishta mentioned two groups of zamindars in Sindh namely Sumra and Samma. The Sandhai Muslims of Gujarat are communities of Sindhi Rajput settled in India. They are Samma Rajput.Samma are Distributed in Sindh.
Samma are originally an ancient kshatriya. Accroding to Chachnama there was a powerful kingdom . In chachnama Raja Dahir's Wazír Siyákar address the Lákháhs and the Sammáhs . Historian Chintaman Vinayak Vaidya confirmed that Samma were Kshatriya.
- "Necropolis: City of silence". DAWN.COM. 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- Sindh: Land of Hope and Glory. Har-Anand Publications. 2002. p. 112. ISBN 9788124108468. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- The Chachnamah An Ancient History Of Sindh by Kalichbeg. p. 31.
- The Chachnamah An Ancient History Of Sindh by Kalichbeg. p. 170.
- History of mediaeval Hindu India by C. V. Vaidya. p. 189.
- Kalhoro, Zulfiqar (2012-12-05). "The Tombs of Burfat Tribe at Taung, Thana Bula Khan, Sindh (Pakistan)". Ancient Asia. 3 (0): 79–97. doi:10.5334/aa.12307. ISSN 2042-5937.