Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust operated Salford Royal Hospital in Greater Manchester until 2017. Its chief executive is Raj Jain.
In December 2017 it was announced that the Trust was to form a new healthcare organisation by combining with Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust. The new organisation, to be called the Northern Care Alliance NHS Group, would have 17,000 staff, and a combined operating budget of £1.3bn covering Oldham, Bury, Rochdale, Salford and North Manchester.
In July 2016 the trust was to initiate an integrated care organisation which would include 440 adult social care staff transferred from the City of Salford. Mental health services were to be provided by Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust but Salford would manage the contract. It was hoped that this would deliver £36 million a year in savings by 2021, largely by reducing hospital admissions, cutting management costs and removing duplication.
In September 2016, the trust was selected by NHS England as one of twelve Global Digital Exemplars. It uses an Allscripts electronic patient record system which is being adopted by other NHS organisations nearby. It planned to move its electronic patient records to Microsoft Azure by March 2018.
Northern Care Alliance NHS Group took over management of the trust's activities in 2017.
In 2019 the trust established a 10-year partnership with Hitachi Consulting to set up a digital control centre which "will be able to better match patient and service user individual needs to available resources so that waste and waiting is minimised", at a cost of £25 million.
David Dalton (later Sir David) was chief executive from 2001 until April 2019, when he stepped down and was replaced by Raj Jain, who is also chief executive of the Northern Care Alliance NHS Group.
In the same year it was named by the Health Service Journal as one of the top hundred NHS trusts to work for. At that time it had 6,219 full-time equivalent staff and a sickness absence rate of 4.42%. 87% of staff recommend it as a place for treatment and 71% recommended it as a place to work. After an inspection in August 2015 the trust was one of only three in England rated "outstanding" by the Care Quality Commission. It was rated as having the highest index of digital maturity of any organisation in the English NHS in April 2016.
- "Greater Manchester trusts come together to form £1.3bn healthcare organisation". National Health Executive. 4 December 2017. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- "Hundreds of council staff to transfer to vanguard trust". Health Service Journal. 25 May 2016. Retrieved 31 July 2016.
- "New plans to expand the use of digital technology across the NHS". Government of the United Kingdom. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Trusts look to Salford for electronic patient record system". Health Service Journal. 13 June 2016. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "'Exemplar' trust first to move patient records to the cloud". Health Service Journal. 14 August 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Care Organisations". Northern Care Alliance NHS Group. Retrieved 30 April 2020.
- "Leading trust strikes £25m deal for 'digital control centre'". Health Service Journal. 1 October 2019. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Sir David Dalton - Chief Executive". www.pat.nhs.uk. Retrieved 30 April 2020.
- "Northern Care Alliance NHS Group announces appointment of new Chief Executive". Rochdale Online. 28 January 2019. Retrieved 30 April 2020.
- "Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust is awarded Outstanding rating by Chief Inspector of Hospitals". www.cqc.org.uk.
- "Hospital trust rated 'outstanding'". BBC News. 27 March 2015.
- "What makes Salford Royal Hospital 'outstanding'". ITV News.
- Ankers, Wayne (28 March 2015). "David Cameron visits 'outstanding' Salford Royal to promise seven-day NHS". Manchester Evening News.
- "HSJ reveals the best places to work in 2015". Health Service Journal. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "St Helens Hospital rated 'outstanding' by Care Quality Commission". BBC News. 19 January 2016. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "First digital maturity index scores in full". Health Service Journal. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Double Helix LED sculpture – Salford NHS Trust sculpture
- Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, The University of Manchester