The town of Sala is identifiable with Kepecik in today's west Turkey, but in antiquity was an ancient episcopal see of the Roman province of Lydia in Asia Minor. It was part of the Patriarchate of Constantinople during Byzantine times and was suffragan of ' Archdiocese of Sardis
Titular Catholic bishopsEdit
- Joseph Bingham, Origines Ecclesiasticae, Volume 3 p193.
- Michel Le Quien, Oriens christianus: in quatuor patriarchatus digestus : quo exhibentur.
- Darrouzès Jean, Listes of Episcopal du nicee Stone Council (787), in Revue des études byzantines, 33 (1975), p.35.
- Sala at catholic-hierarchy.org.
- Sala at GCatholic.org.
- W. M. Ramsay, The Historical Geography of Asia Minor (Cambridge University Press, 2010) p122.