Saints: The Story of the Church of Jesus Christ in the Latter Days is a planned four-volume history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, published beginning in 2018 by the church. The first volume of Saints was initially published in fourteen languages and made available as a free digital book. It was written by a team of writers, edited by another team, and reviewed by several historians for accuracy.
|Subject||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Church history, Joseph Smith|
|Publisher||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|September 4, 2018 (Vol. 1), February 2020 (Vol. 2)|
|Media type||Print (softcover), Online|
|Pages||699 (Vol. 1)|
|Preceded by||Comprehensive History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (1930)|
The text of the book is available for free on the church's website or in its Gospel Library App for mobile devices.
Summary of volumesEdit
- Volume 1 (2018): The Standard of Truth: 1815–1846
- Beginning with the childhood of Joseph Smith and ending with the Mormon exodus from Nauvoo, Illinois.
- Volume 2 (2020, anticipated): No Unhallowed Hand: 1846-1893
- Beginning with the Mormon exodus from Nauvoo, Illinois.
- "Saints". history.lds.org.
- "Fast facts about 'Saints' — the new history of the LDS Church". sltrib.com.
- "Mormon church publishes its first official history in nearly a century, and the result is an easy-to-read volume that tackles some hard facts". sltrib.com.