Tophit is a Russian music project that deals with online distribution of new songs and music videos to radios and TV-channels respectively as well as publication of music charts, based on the quantity of radio air spins. Since the week ending on 17 July 2016, Tophit added YouTube views as part of its chart methodology. All charts of Tophit.ru are refreshed every Wednesday.
Thanks to a wide partnership geography (over 420 radios all over the world), openness and transparency of the charts published, the website Tophit.ru is often used as a source of an artist popularity in the territory of Russia. Universal Music called Tophit.ru the most reliable website, monitoring Russia’s radio air.
- weekly airplay charts — Weekly General, Weekly Audience Choice, Weekly Russia, Weekly Moscow, Weekly St. Petersburg, Weekly Ukraine, Weekly Kiev;
- monthly airplay charts — Monthly General, Monthly Audience Choice, Monthly Russia, Monthly Moscow, Monthly St. Petersburg, Monthly Ukraine, Monthly Kiev;
- yearly airplay charts — Yearly General, Yearly General (Russian music), Yearly Audience Choice, Yearly Moscow, Yearly St. Petersburg, Yearly Kiev;
- artists charts — Top Artists General, Top Artists Audience Choice, Top Artists Moscow, Top Artists St. Petersburg, Top Artists Kiev;
- a special chart — Merry Christmas.
General charts is compiled on the basis of the data about singles’ weekly rotation on air of 230 Russian radiostations as well 200 ones of Ukraine, the CIS countries, Baltic States, Cyprus, Israel, Germany, the US and Canada, which broadcast in Russian.
- 1 Charts
- 2 Chart criteria
- 3 Performance and development review
- 4 Artist milestones
- 4.1 Highscores by the number of singles №1 (Russia and CIS countries – Airplay Detection Top Hit 100)
- 4.2 Highscores by the number of singles №1 (Ukraine)
- 4.3 Highest number of singles #1 on chart (Kiev)
- 4.4 Highest number of consecutive singles #1 (CIS countries)
- 4.5 Highest number of singles #1 in request programs
- 4.6 Artists with highest number of singles on Top 10 (Airplay Detection Top Hit 100)
- 4.7 Artists with most weeks at #1 (General Chart)
- 4.8 Artists with most weeks at #1 (Audience Choice Chart)
- 4.9 Artists with most weeks at #1 (Russian Chart)
- 4.10 Artists with most weeks at #1 (Moscow Chart)
- 4.11 Artists with most weeks at #1 (Ukrainian Chart)
- 4.12 Artists with most weeks at #1 (Kiev Chart)
- 5 Song milestones
- 6 Top Hit Music Awards
- 7 Additional milestones
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Every week tophit.ru publishes Airplay Detection TopHit 100—a consolidated chart, based on song rotation on air of radiostations-partners. The artists (rightholders) place their songs on the website, after what the radio stations download those they consider suitable to air, and then weekly send reports on their rotation. Anatoly Veizenfeld and Mikhail Sergeev journal "Zvukorezhissyor (Soundproducer) wrote: "That is the way, how the feedback comes from the broadcasters in this project, and it allows them to receive the data about each song rotation on air of over 400 radio stations.
Besides the general chart, there are ones for Moscow, Saint Petersburg and Kiev; monthly charts (general and separate ones for each of the mentioned cities) and annual charts (general, separate ones for each of the mentioned cities and one for top artists). The website also collects statistics on the songs, played in request programs most often.
Since 2010 till 2013 the TV-program Top Hit Chart, based on the portal statistics, was broadcast by Muz-TV, and it presented 30 most popular on radio air of Russia and the CIS countries songs. According to the website Advertology.ru, the program was on Top-10 of the most popular music programs of the channel with rating of 0.7%.
At present the radio version of the program is weekly released on the air of over 40 radio stations of Russia and the CIS countries. In 2010–2014 its presenter was Mitya Fomin, and now it’s hosted by Timur Rodrigez.
In 2010 the summary statistical data of the portal for the year of 2009 became the foremost source in defining the nominees for "Bog Efira [Air God]" Music Awards (i.e. a music version of Popov’s Award in the area of radio broadcast). Tophit annual charts are also covered in the mass media.
In March 2015 Tophit began publication of the first on the market of Russia and the CIS countries streaming charts TOP 100 YouTube.com. The chart is based on the views of music videos on YouTube and reflects the mass audience preferences on the web and the fact how they change in a course of time.
The statistical data is collected on the songs, placed on Tophit.ru. As a rule, such a list is based on the new compositions, picked by the portal administration, as well as the songs, already released on the portal but should be drawn attention to (for instance, ones, which are supported by promo-campaign or a music video is filmed for).
The charts are based on the playlist rotation data of songs, received directly from the radiostations-partners, and the number of song spins in request programs. As a result, up to 20 parameters are taken into account in relation to each radio station (the place it broadcasts, how many cities/towns it covers, how the playlists are technically made and who does it, etc.).
Despite a large amount of the data processed, Tophit.ru charts still fall into the category of radio rotation, i.e. they take into account the number of song spins on radio air but have nothing in common with the volume of song sales on CDs or downloads on the web, etc.
Performance and development reviewEdit
Experts of the news agency InterMedia Evgeny Safronov and Aleksey Mazhaev expressed the opinion that the charts, published by the portal could not fully reflect the artist popularity in Russia, as Tophit along with Moskva.FM deal with radio industry research. Nevertheless, the experts qualified the portal hit parades as professional. Boris Barabanov also marked that Tophit.ru activity is more familiar to the music industry professionals than public at large. "One of the most effective chart-based sources is Tophit.ru. It's rather a reliable in professional circles mechanism that allows the rightholders place their compositions on the website and make them available for stations download. The latter ones, in their turn, having downloaded the song, send reports on its rotation, if this song is put on air, what shows its popularity. Tophit.ru promotion model is considered very effective on the market", wrote the author. Guru Ken called Tophit.ru the leader in the area of media content delivery to radio stations. In the journal "Kompania (Company)" Anastasia Markina also mentioned the portal as the leader in its professional sphere and marked: "Tophit.ru took under its wing over 400 stations and 60 TV-channels. On the other hand, over a thousand rights holders, among which are the majority of record labels, including the majors Sony Music, Universal Music, Warner Music and EMI/Gala Records», work with this website.
In RMA (a course of lectures for professionals in music business) Dmitry Konnov, Universal Music Russia CEO, speaking of Russian music promotion perspectives, underlined the fact that "if you want to reach popularity, I advise to write and perform Russian music, promote Russian artists and keep a close watch at Tophit.ru but not get lost in admiration at Billboard.
Highscores by the number of singles №1 (Russia and CIS countries – Airplay Detection Top Hit 100)Edit
|Nyusha||"Vibirat' chudo (Choose Your Miracle)" (12 weeks) |
|MakSim||"Мой рай (My Paradise)"  |
"Лучшая ночь (Best Night)" (7 weeks) 
|Vintage||"Ева (Eva)" (9 недель) |
|Serebro||"Скажи, не молчи (Tell Me Not Be Silent)" (13 weeks) |
|Dima Bilan||"Невозможное возможно (Impossible Is Possible)" (10 weeks) |
|Julia Savicheva||"Привет (Hello)" (10 weeks) |
|Ёlka||"На большом воздушном шаре (On the big balloon)" (8 weeks) |
|Rihanna||"Diamonds" (16 weeks) |
|Vera Brezhneva||"Любовь спасёт мир (Love will save the world)" (9 weeks) |
|VIA Gra||"Поцелуи (Kiss)" (7 weeks)|
|Dan Bălan||"Chica Bomb" (4 weeks) |
|Gradusy||"Голая (The Naked)" (10 weeks) |
|Valeriya||"Нежность моя (My Tenderness)" (3 weeks) |
|Irakli||"Время (Time)" (12 weeks) |
Highscores by the number of singles №1 (Ukraine)Edit
|Artist||«Biggest» hit |
(by most weeks at #1)
|LOBODA||"40 градусов" (40 Degrees)" (13 weeks)|
|Ani Lorak||"Зажигай сердце" (Warm Up Heat) " (4 weeks)|
|Delice||"Нежно-нежно (Tenderly-Tenderly) " (Suavemetne Cover)" (10 weeks) |
|Vera Brezhneva||"Лепестками слёз" (With Rose Petals) " (15 weeks) |
|Elka||"Около тебя" (By You) " (10 weeks) |
|Dan Balan||"Лепестками слёз" (With Rose Petals) " (15 weeks) |
|Tina Karol||"Жизнь продолжается" (Life Goes On) " (5 weeks) |
|Nu Virgos||"Перемирие" (Truce) "(5 weeks) |
Highest number of singles #1 on chart (Kiev)Edit
- 5 — LOBODA
- 5 — Ani Lorak
- 5 — Vera Brezhneva
- 4 — Alyosha
- 4 — Delice
- 4 — Nu Virgos
- 3 — Iryna Bilyk
- 3 — Dima Bilan
- 2 — Lady Gaga
Highest number of consecutive singles #1 (CIS countries)Edit
- 7 — MakSim (2006—2009)
- 3 — Nyusha (2010—2011); (2013—2015)
- 3 — Elka (2010—2011)
- 3 — Vintage (2008—2009)
- 3 — Serebro (2008—2009)
- 3 — Yulia Savicheva (2005—2006)
- 3 — Irakli (2004—2006)
- 2 — Dima Bilan (2006—2007)
- 2 — Vera Brezhneva (2010—2011)
- 2 — Rihanna (2012—2013)
- 2 — Valeriya (2006)
Highest number of singles #1 in request programsEdit
- 10 — Serebro
- 9 — Yulia Savicheva
- 8 — Nyusha
- 6 — Dima Bilan
- 6 — Nu Virgos
- 5 — Vintage
- 4 — Elka
- 3 — MakSim
- 2 — Ani Lorak
Artists with highest number of singles on Top 10 (Airplay Detection Top Hit 100)Edit
- 15 — Dima Bilan
- 14 — Yulia Savicheva
- 12 — David Guetta
- 10 — Rihanna, Serebro
- 9 — MakSim, Vintage, Sofia Rotaru, Valeriya
- 8 — Nyusha, Britney Spears, Irakli
- 7 — Madonna, Lady Gaga, Pitbull, Jasmin
- 6 — Calvin Harris, Shakira, Glukoza, Band'Eros, Blestyashchie, Valery Meladze, Dmitry Malikov
Artists with most weeks at #1 (General Chart)Edit
Artists with most weeks at #1 (Audience Choice Chart)Edit
Artists with most weeks at #1 (Russian Chart)Edit
Artists with most weeks at #1 (Moscow Chart)Edit
Artists with most weeks at #1 (Ukrainian Chart)Edit
Artists with most weeks at #1 (Kiev Chart)Edit
Most weeks at #1 (General Chart)Edit
Top Hit Music AwardsEdit
Top Hit Music Awards is an annual awards ceremony, held and established by the portal tophit.ru. The Russian artists, authors and producers are honored for outstanding achievements in popular music and record business, based on the data of song rotation on air of the radio stations, tophit.ru partners. The first Music Awards Ceremony took place in 2013. Besides, Top Hit Hall Of Fame was opened as well.
- MakSim is the only singer in the chart's history, who’s got four songs number-one within a calendar year 
- MakSim has got 7 consecutive hits number-one, which is considered an unbreakable record for other artists
- Singer Elka is the only artist, who topped Annual General Chart twice and Annual Russian Chart thrice on tophit.ru
- Singer Elka is the only Russian artist, who succeeded in topping all charts of Tophit at once in 2010–2011
- Song «Provence», performed by Elka, is the only record-breaker, which spent 109 weeks on Tophit General 100 
- Yulia Savicheva is the only artist, who succeeded in self-replace on the top of Tophit Audience Choice Chart 
- "Top Radio & YouTube Hits (11 Jul-17 Jul 2016)" (in Russian). Tophit. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- Чарт 24-30 ноября 2003
- "Weekly General Airplay Top Hit 100". Tophit.ru. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- Barabanov. There’ll be impartial chart in Russia
- Anatoly Veinzenfeld, Mikhail Sergeev journal "Zvukorezhissyor
- TopHit Chart. Muz-TV
- Leading TV-programs among Russians by genres (2011-02-28- 2011-03.06)
- The best artist is one, who's listened to for money
- Promo FM to unite radio stations and beginning artists. guruken.ru
- Anastasiya Markina. Talents speaking
- Universal Music Russia CEO delivers lecture to RMA students (VIDEO) rma.ru
- Параметры трека «Выбирать чудо»
- Параметры трека «Мой рай»
- Параметры трека «Лучшая ночь»
- Параметры трека «Ева»
- Параметры трека «Скажи, не молчи»
- Параметры трека «Невозможное возможно»
- Параметры трека «Привет»
- Параметры трека «На большой воздушном шаре»
- Параметры трека «Diamonds (In the Sky)»
- «Любовь спасёт мир»
- 15 октября 2007 сингл "Поцелуи" возглавил чарт
- 3 декабря "Поцелуи", спустя 7 недель опустились на 1 позицию
- Параметры трека «Chica Bomb»
- Параметры трека «Голая»
- Параметры трека «Нежность моя»
- Параметры трека «Время»
- Параметры ротации трека "40 градусов"
- Параметры ротации трека "Зажигай сердце"
- Параметры трека «Нежно-нежно (Suavemente Cover)»
- Параметры трека «Лепестками слез»
- Параметры трека «Около тебя»
- Параметры трека «Жизнь продолжается»
- Параметры трека «Перемирие»
- 2007 год: "Отпускаю", "Знаешь ли ты", "Ветром стать", "Мой рай"
- См. столбец "Всего недель в Tophit 100"
- Tophit 9 января 2006