Return to Forever (Chick Corea album)
Return to Forever is a jazz fusion album by Chick Corea, simultaneously functioning as the debut album by the band of the same name. Unlike later albums by the group, it was released by the ECM label and produced by Manfred Eicher. The album was not released in the USA until 1975. The record is often considered one of the classic albums in electric jazz.
|Return to Forever|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||2 & 3 February 1972|
|Studio||A&R Studios, New York City, NY|
|Chick Corea / Return to Forever chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
All tracks are composed by Corea except where noted.
|1.||"Return to Forever"||12:06|
|3.||"What Game Shall We Play Today"||Corea, lyrics by Neville Potter||4:30|
|4.||"Sometime Ago - La Fiesta"||Corea, Stanley Clarke, Joe Farrell, lyrics by Potter||23:13|
- Chick Corea – Fender Rhodes electric piano
- Stanley Clarke – electric bass guitar (1-3), double bass (4)
- Joe Farrell – flute, soprano saxophone
- Airto Moreira – drums, percussion
- Flora Purim – vocals, percussion
- Production personnel
- Manfred Eicher – producer
- Tony May – engineer
|1975||Billboard Jazz Albums||8 |
- Huey, Steve (2011). "Chick Corea - Return to Forever (1972) album review | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 50. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- "Chick Corea - Return to Forever (1972) | Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 27 October 2013.