Raj Kumar Gupta (politician)
Raj Kumar Gupta (c. 1935 – 11 February 2020) was an Indian politician from Punjab belonging to Indian National Congress. He was a legislator of the Punjab Legislative Assembly. He also served as the chairman of Punjab Small Industries and Export Corporation.
Raj Kumar Gupta
|Punjab Legislative Assembly|
|Preceded by||Manoranjan Kalia|
|Succeeded by||Manoranjan Kalia|
|Died||11 February 2020 (aged 85)|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Gupta was elected as a member of the Punjab Legislative Assembly from Jullundur Central in 2002. He was not nominated from Indian National Congress in 2007. After this incident he joined Bharatiya Janata Party. He returned to Indian National Congress in 2010.
- "Rajkumar Gupta Assuming Charge As Chairman PSIEC". Outlook. 22 September 2008. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- "Punjab Assembly Election Results in 2002". www.elections.in. Retrieved 28 December 2019.
- "Punjab elections: In Jalandhar, Raj Kumar Gupta denied Congress ticket yet again". The Indian Express. 17 January 2017. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- "Captain Amarinder Singh mourns passing away of Ex-MLA Raj Kumar Gupta". PTC News. 12 February 2020. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- "CM mourns passing away of Ex-MLA". United News of India. 12 February 2020. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|