Publications Office of the European Union
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Publications Office of the European Union (Publications Office) is an interinstitutional office that publishes and disseminates the publications of the institutions and other bodies of the European Union (see Decision 2009/496/EC, Euratom).
|Publications Office of the European Union|
|Type||EU Interinstitutional body|
The Publications Office publishes the Official Journal of the European Union in 23 languages (24 when Irish is required) and produces (or co-produces) general publications and informational material on EU initiatives and on the activities of the institutions and other bodies of the European Union.
Moreover, the Publications Office provides a number of online services giving free access to information on:
- EU law (EUR-Lex)
- EU publications (EU Bookshop)
- EU Open Data (EU Open Data Portal)
- contact data of EU officials in management positions (EU Whoiswho)
- EU research and development (CORDIS)
- public procurement (TED)
- stylistic rules and conventions, such as layout and typography (Interinstitutional style guide)
- EU multilingual thesaurus (EuroVoc)
- definition data used by the EU institutions (Metadata Registry)
- Publications Office of the European Union
- Decision 2009/496/EC, Euratom of the European Parliament, the Council, the Commission, the Court of Justice, the Court of Auditors, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions of 26 June 2009 on the organisation and operation of the Publications Office of the European Union
- Our Facebook page 'EU Law and Publications'
- Our Google+ page 'EU Law and Publications'