(Redirected from Pontic (disambiguation))
|Look up Pontic or pontic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Black SeaEdit
- The Pontic colonies, on its northern shores
- Pontus (region), a region on its southern shores
- The Pontic–Caspian steppe, steppelands stretching from north of the Black Sea as far east as the Caspian Sea
- The Pontic Mountains, a range of mountains in northern Turkey, close to the southern coast of the Black Sea
Languages and peoplesEdit
- Pontic Greeks, all Greek peoples from the shores of the Black Sea and Pontus
- Pontic Greek, a form of the Greek language originally spoken by the Pontic Greeks (see above)
- Pontic, as opposed to Caspian (which refers to the possibly related Nakho-Dagestanian or Northeast Caucasian languages), is sometimes used as a synonym for the Northwest Caucasian language family.
- Pontic languages, the hypothetical language family linking the Northwest Caucasian and Indo-European languages, and Proto-Pontic, the Pontic proto-language, is the reconstructed common ancestor of Proto-Northwest Caucasian and Proto-Indo-European.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pontic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.