Polaris Partners is an investment firm that has partnered with entrepreneurs in the fields of healthcare and technology. The firm has partnered with enterprises in various stages of development.
|Predecessor||Burr, Egan, Deleage & Co.|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Managing Partners David Barrett, Brian Chee, Amir Nashat and Bryce Youngren|
Number of employees
Polaris has offices in Boston, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California. The firm has over $4 billion under management and has invested in more than 250 companies.
Polaris was the first of four successors to Burr, Egan, Deleage & Co. (BEDCO), one of the earliest bi-coastal venture capital firms in the US, which dissolved in 1996. The firm has roughly $4.0 billion under management, and is now making investments through its seventh fund.
- A Generation Gap in Venture Capital
- Gupta, Udayan. Done Deals: Venture Capitalists Tell Their Stories, 2000
- Venture-Capital Firms Prepare for Next Generation of Partners
- "The Thrill of Defeat". The Boston Globe, February 2001
- Cocktails & Conversation with Bill Egan, Alta Communications. Wharton School of Business, 2006.