List of New York City Ballet dancers
(Redirected from Pauline Golbin)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of New York City Ballet dancers.
Former corps de balletEdit
Janice Levin Award dancersEdit
- Alexandra Ansanelli left NYCB to join The Royal Ballet, London.
- Peter Boal retired from NYCB to assume the position of artistic director at the Pacific Northwest Ballet; Miranda Weese left NYCB to join PNB two years later.
- Nikolaj Hübbe retired from NYCB to assume the position of artistic director at the Royal Danish Ballet.
- Sébastien Marcovici and Janie Taylor held a joint farewell Saturday, March 2nd, 2014.
- "On June 22 ... Kyra Nichols ... leaves the Company having served longer than any other NYCB ballerina. NYCB Chronology 2000–2009". Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- NY Times review of Charles Askegard's farewell by Alastair Macaulay, October 10, 2011
- NY Times review of Yvonne Borree's farewell by Claudia La Rocco, June 7, 2010
- NY Times review of Albert Evans' farewell by Claudia La Rocco, June 21, 2010
- NY Times review of Darci Kistler's farewell by Alastair Macaulay, June 28, 2010
- NY Times review of Philip Neal's farewell performance by Roslyn Sulcas, June 14, 2010
- NY Times, July 30, 2005 "City Ballet Principal Leaves the Nest" by Gina Kourlas
- "Cupcakes & Conversation with Megan Fairchild, Principal, New York City Ballet". Ballet News. July 9, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Gonzalo Garcia joined as a principal dancer in 2007.
- Nikolaj Hübbe joined as a principal dancer in 1992.
- Charles Askegard joined as a soloist in 1997.
- Joaquín De Luz joined as a soloist in 2003.
- NYCB has two sets of siblings: Jared and Tyler Angle, and Megan and Robert Fairchild, all of whom are principal dancers. Abi and Jonathan Stafford are also siblings; both were principal dancers until Jonathan retired and became a ballet master in 2014. What is more, the Fairchilds are, respectively, divorced from and married to other City Ballet principal dancers, Andrew Veyette and Tiller Peck.
- "Nicholas Magallanes, Dancer, 54; City Ballet's First Orpheus, in '48". Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Anna Kisselgoff. Francisco Moncion, 76, A Charter Member of the New York City Ballet, "The New York Times" - Obituary, April 4, 1995
- Villella was promoted to soloist in 1958 and principal dancer in 1960.
- Restless Creature: Wendy Whelan is a documentary directed by Linda Saffire and Adam Schlesinger which documents Whelan's final season and performance with NYCB.
- Carla Körbes and Seth Orza left NYCB to join Pacific Northwest Ballet.
- Edwaard Liang is now dancing with Morphoses/The Wheeldon Company.
- Adams, Rebecca (October 1, 2014). "Kathryn Morgan, Former New York City Ballet Dancer, On What It's Like To Gain Weight In The Dance World". Retrieved November 5, 2018 – via Huff Post.
- "Mel Tomlinson, Master of Ballet and Modern Dance - NC DNCR". www.ncdcr.gov. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Christopher Wheeldon assumed the position of NYCB choreographer-in-residence and resident artist.
- "Cupcakes & Conversation with Lydia Wellington, Corps de ballet, New York City Ballet". Ballet News. February 8, 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Wakin, Daniel J (July 22, 2009). "Sudden Finale". New York Times. Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- Catton, Pia (February 15, 2013). "A Teacher Who Keeps Them on Their Toes". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015.
- "Levin Award". NYCB. Retrieved April 27, 2017.