This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
PartyCasino is an online casino first launched in 1997 under the name Starluck Casino before relaunching again in 2006 as a fully integrated platform. The casino offers over 500 games ranging from casino classics like Blackjack and Roulette to a wide variety of online slots.
Following the 2011 merger of Party Gaming PLC and bwin Interactive Entertainment AG, PartyCasino became one of Gaming VC Holdings PLC’s (GVC) leading casino brands. The company has four main product verticals, sports, casino, poker and bingo, as well as other core brands such as, CasinoClub, Betboo, Sportingbet, Bwin, partypoker, Foxy Bingo and Gioco Digitale.
PartyCasino was originally launched as Starluck Casino by Ruth Parasol under iGlobal Media PartyCasino, it went on to become one of the first successful online casinos. Its initial success prompted the launch of PartyPoker (2001) and PartyBingo (2003), by 2005 PartyGaming was listed on the London Stock Exchange market valued at £4.64 billion enough to earn itself a spot on the FTSE100 Index.
On the 1st of February 2016 GVC acquired bwin.party digital entertainment plc, the group is headquartered in the Isle of Man and has licenses in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Italy, Denmark, Germany (Schleswig-Holstein), Spain, Malta, Denmark, UK, South Africa, and the Dutch Caribbean.
In June 2017, PartyCasino relaunched to players with an all-new look and feel. The updated design – which was the result of an ongoing collaboration between PartyCasino employees and Leeds-based advertising agency, Home – did away with the site’s previous cartoon style in favour of a more sophisticated approach, with photo-realistic imagery and lens flare lighting effects featuring prominently. As part of the rebrand, the PartyCasino logo was also updated – with the previously used lowercase font and dice graphic being ditched in favour of a more contemporary two-colour design.
- "Starluck Casino Online Gets BMM Certification | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. 2004-03-29. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2016-12-16.
- Harrison, Robin. "GVC unveils revamped partycasino.com site - Gaming Intelligence". www.gamingintelligence.com. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "Brands - GVC Holdings PLC". www.gvc-plc.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-19. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Laffey, Des (2007-04-10). "The ultimate bluff: a case study of partygaming.com". Journal of Information Technology. 22 (4): 479–488. doi:10.1057/palgrave.jit.2000096. ISSN 0268-3962.
- "GVC Holdings PLC". www.gvc-plc.com. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2016-12-16.
- Moya, Elena (2010-07-29). "PartyGaming to merge with online gambling rival". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Archived from the original on 2016-12-21. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "PartyGaming, bwin Merge; Create Largest Online Gambling Company". Cardplayer Lifestyle Poker Blog. 2010-08-04. Archived from the original on 2016-12-21. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "bwin.party shareholders approve GVC merger scheme". iGaming Business. 2015-12-15. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "About Us - GVC Holdings PLC". www.gvc-plc.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-20. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "GVC puts the party back into casino with brand relaunch - 12 June 2017 - GVC Holdings PLC". Archived from the original on 6 September 2017. Retrieved 6 September 2017.