One-hitter (smoking)(Redirected from One hitter (smoking))
A one-hitter (also oney, bat, tay or oney bat) is typically a slender pipe with a screened narrow bowl designed for a single inhalation, or "hit," of smoke and/or vapor from a microdose (about 25 mg.) of heated cannabis flower, tobacco leaf or other dried, sifted herbal preparation. It is distinguished from western-style large-bowl pipes designed for harsh tobaccos that are burned hot and tasted but not directly inhaled. Instead, by properly distancing a heat source such as a prolonged low lighter-flame directly below its top opening, inhalant one-hitter users can operate at vaporization temperatures, minimizing combustion waste and toxicity.
Traditional national varieties of one-hitter pipes include North American calumet (peace pipe), kiseru (Japan), midwakh (Middle East), sebsi (Morocco) and some narrow chillums (Nepal, India, Jamaica).
Brands of cigarette-sized one hitters for inconspicuous public use are marketed with a rectangular (or sometimes cylindrical) wooden case, known as a "dugout", with two compartments, the larger to store a stash of herb and the narrower, cylindrical hole to store the "bat" or pipe.
Modern adaptations from craft-centric companies use fine and rare woods, bone, acrylic, aluminum, steel, titanium, other metals or plastics, adding features such as grinders, poker storage or lighter chambers. Carried in a shirt pocket, they are the tangible microdose "replacement" for an alluringly designed cigarette pack when one is eliminating a smoking habit.
- Tom Dalzell; Terry Victor (27 November 2014). The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English. Routledge. pp. 567–. ISBN 978-1-317-62512-4.
- "Smoking cessation: herbal alternatives - Wikiversity". En.wikiversity.org. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- Eleazar David Melendez (2013-06-19). "9 Mind-Blowing Marijuana Gadgets That Will Revolutionize Weed Smoking". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Enochs, Elizabeth (2015-09-28). "11 Weed Hacks For The Resourceful Stoner". bustle.com. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- "Police Blotter: Missing wallet in Hanover; wanted person in Hackettstown". Daily Record. 1 December 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Phil Garber (2015-11-30). "Pot busts persist on Thanksgiving weekend in Mount Olive". New Jersey Hills. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Tarantola, Andrew (2012-09-07). "Ed's TnT Dugout Review: The Classy Way to Carry Your Cannabis". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2015-12-06.