Omer Goldman Granot, from the Tel-Aviv suburb of Ramat HaSharon, is an Israeli actress. She was a member of the Shministim, a young Israeli conscientious objector who became famous for being the daughter of Naftali Granot, former deputy to Mossad’s chief Meir Dagan.
|Born||4 March 1989|
Ramat HaSharon, Israel
She was sentenced to 21 days in military prison for refusing to serve the Israel Defense Forces on 22 September 2008, along with Tamar Katz and Mia Tamarin. She is one of about 40 high school students who signed the 2008 high-school seniors’ ("Shministim") protest letter. In order to prepare herself for her incarceration in a military prison, Goldman went to a psychologist every week. She has spent a second term in prison for refusing to serve again.
She notes that the crucial moment of her political awakening occurred when she went to the Palestinian village Shufa where the IDF had set up a roadblock and fired rubber bullets on a Palestinian demonstration. Someone she had considered her enemy stood beside her and someone who was supposed to be defending her opened fire at her.
From 2014 to 2018 Goldman was the female lad in the Israelt TV series Shchuna und in 2018 she appeared as a regular in the first season of False Flag.
- 2013: Bitter Lemon (short)
- 2014-2018: Shchuna (TV series, 101 episodes)
- 2017: Hachaverim Shel Naor (TV series, 1 episode)
- 2017: Shilton Hatzlalim (TV series, 1 episode)
- 2018: False Flag (Kfulim) (TV series, 6 episodes)
- 2019: Esau
- First Person: Omer Goldman - Financial Times 2008-11-22
- Father, forgive me, I will not fight for your Israel - The Sunday Times 2008-12-10 (archived)
- Ed Asner: The Shministim - Huffington Post 2008-12-16
- Radio interview with Omer Goldman - The Current (2009-1-8), a radio program of CBC with Anna Maria Tremonti
- Omer Goldman on IMDb
- "Omer Goldmans Website:"People who use violence are wrong!"". www.omergoldman.com.
- "Omer Goldman:"Father, forgive me, I will not fight for your Israel!"". The HyperTexts.
- Omer Goldman on Instagram
|This Israeli biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|