This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Darrel Treece-Birch (born 21 January 1967, in Fleetwood, England is an English hard rock/progressive rock keyboard player and songwriter, best known for his work with the Melodic Hard Rock band Ten, as a solo artist and the progressive rock band, Nth Ascension.
|Birth name||Darrel Treece-Birch|
|Born||21 January 1967|
|Genres||Hard rock, melodic rock, Progressive Rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Keyboards, Piano, Bass, Guitar, Drums|
|Associated acts||Ten, Nth Ascension, Counterparts UK|
Darrel Treece-Birch started playing keyboards from an early age. Inspired by the early electronica music of Oxygene and Equinox of Jean-Michel Jarre and the ambient orchestration of Vangelis, he soon got involved in various bands, with the most notable one being the Fleetwood-based Purple on the Storm.
Darrel Treece-Birch was a founding member of the northwest English progressive rock band Nth Ascension (originally formed as Nth Degree in 2010). In 2011, the band released their first studio album under the name Nth Ascension, entitled Frequencies of Day & Night, which was issued as a free download via the Aurovine website. Late 2012 saw the addition of a fifth member, a full time bass player. The second studio album by Nth Ascension entitled Ascension of Kings, was released in late 2014 via Sonic Vista Music to much critical acclaim. Nth Ascension's third album In Fine Initium was released in October 2016 on Melodic Revolution Records garnering much international attention from reviewers and fans. Nth Ascension released the album Stranger than Fiction under their own label Metatronic Records on the 31st of May 2019. In March 2021, Darrel Treece-Birch officially left Nth Ascension.
Darrel Treece-Birch joined the melodic hard rock Band Ten in 2011, with whom he has released seven studio albums so far, 2012's Heresy and Creed, 2014's Albion, 2015's Isla De Muerta and EP The Dragon and Saint George, 2016's compilation album Battlefield, 2017's Gothica and 2018's Illuminati.
Darrel Treece-Birch is an accomplished solo artist who was signed to US label MRR from 2015 to January 2019, and released four studio albums with Melodic Revolution Records, including Celestial a two-part digital only release in October 2015, his critically acclaimed album No More Time, August 2016 (which included guest appearances by several of his colleagues and former bandmates from Ten, Nth Ascension and Counterparts UK) , Healing Touch (where he composed, performed, played all instruments, mixed, mastered and produced the work including the original painting for the artwork) October 2017 and finally in December of 2018 releasing his digital only instrumental album The first step...is to take one.
2018 was a record year for Treece-Birch releasing an album with Ten: Illuminati, guesting on Signal Red's Under The Radar, (Steve Grocott's band (guitarist - Ten)), producing, mixing, mastering and performing on Michael-Alan Taylor's (vocalist -Nth Ascension) album Avalonia: The Sonnets of Guinevere, and releasing his album The first step ... is to take one in addition to recording his final album with Nth Ascension. In 2021,
In 2021 Darrel performed as guest musician for Gary Hughes’ new solo album Waterside in which he played keyboards and acoustic drums. He also created and produced the sleeve/booklet art for both Waterside and the double-album best of compilation titled "Decades" also by Gary Hughes and released by Frontiers Records.
- Heresy and Creed (2012)
- Albion (2014)
- Isla De Muerta (2015)
- The Dragon And Saint George EP (2015)
- Battlefield (2016)
- Gothica (2017)
- Illuminati (2018)
With Gary HughesEdit
- Waterside (2021)
With Nth AscensionEdit
- Frequencies of Day & Night (2011)
- Ascension Of Kings (2014)
- In Fine Initium (2016)
As Darrel Treece-BirchEdit
- Celestial (2015) Released by Melodic Revolution Records - 2 October 2015 - EAN MRRCD22118
- No More Time (2016) Released by Melodic Revolution Records - 19 August 2016 - EAN MRRCD22129
- Healing Touch (2017) Released by Melodic Revolution Records - 27 October 2017 - EAN MRRCD22146
- The first step...is to take one (2018) Released by Melodic Revolution Records - 14 December 2018 EAN MRRDM201164
- Signal Red (Under The Radar) released 2018
- Michael-Alan Taylor (Avalonia: The Sonnets of Guinevere) 2018
Solo Live performancesEdit
- St. Annes International Kite Festival (St. Annes by the Sea, UK) August 2018
- "Darrel Treece-Birch Interview". Midatlanticrockreviews.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Darrel Treece-Birch". 7 September 2015.
- admin (22 January 2016). "Nth Ascension". Mrrmusic.com. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "Darrel Treece-Birch Other Projects". Darreltreece-birch.com.
- "Nth Ascension". Myrrmusic.com. 22 January 2016.
- "Darrel Treece-Birch". Rocktopia.co.uk. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "BIOGRAPHY". Tenofficial.com.
- "DISCOGRAPHY". Tenofficial.com.
- "Darrel Treece-Birch Signs With US Progressive Label Melodic Revolution Records". Mrrmusic.com. 24 September 2015.
- "Darrel Treece-Birch to Release Celestial". Mrrmusic.com. 28 September 2015.
- "Darrel Treece-Birch – No More Time". Mrrmusic.com. 27 May 2016.
- "Healing Touch The Highly Praised 3rd Solo Album by Nth Ascension Keyboardist Darrel Treece-Birch Is Available Worldwide". Mrrmusic.com. 27 October 2017.
- "The First Step…Is to Take One by Darrel Treece-Birch Out Now". Mrrmusic.com. 14 December 2018.
- "Independent Creative Artists Network". Facebook.com.