Nina van Pallandt
Nina, Baroness van Pallandt (born Nina Magdelena Møller; 15 July 1932) is a Danish singer and actress.
Nina, Baroness van Pallandt
Nina Magdelena Møller
15 July 1932
On 11 August 1955, she married Hugo Wessel (1930–2012), the son of Denise Orme and Theodore W. "Tito" Wessel (a Danish millionaire and one-time Danish chargé d'affaires in Chile).
On 21 September 1960, she married Frederik, Baron van Pallandt. They formed a singing duo, Nina & Frederik, and achieved worldwide popularity with their calypso-style songs. They had three children:
- Floris Nicolas Ali, Baron van Pallandt (1961–2006), a film writer, director and painter.
- Kirsa Eleonore Clara, Baroness van Pallandt (born 1963)
- Ana Maria Else, Baroness van Pallandt (born 1965)
In the early 1970s, van Pallandt was romantically linked to Clifford Irving. She helped federal investigators prove that Irving had not secretly met Hughes in South America. In the 2006 film, The Hoax, about Irving's fake autobiography of Howard Hughes, Van Pallandt is portrayed by Julie Delpy.
Van Pallandt has appeared with Richard Gere in American Gigolo and Jeff Bridges in Cutter's Way. She also appeared in several Robert Altman films during the 1970s, including The Long Goodbye, A Wedding, and Quintet. In 1969, she sang John Barry and Hal David's song "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?" in the James Bond movie, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, starring George Lazenby. During 1969 and the early 1970s, she appeared as a guest on several episodes of The Morecambe & Wise Show for BBC television, including the 1970 Christmas show. In 1975, she appeared in an episode of Ellery Queen, "The Adventure of Colonel Nivin's Memoirs", and in an episode of the UK's Tales of the Unexpected episode "A Time to Die" (1988). She also appeared in Season 4, Episode 20 of the television show Taxi (TV series) , "Elegant Iggy".
- "Descendants of Baron Jacob Adolph van Pallandt (4 generations)". Archived from the original on 20 August 2008. Retrieved 28 December 2008.. Worldroots.com. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- (in Dutch) Nicolas van Pallandt. Bdnwiki.nl. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- Karl Dallas (23 May 1994). "Obituary: Frederik van Pallandt". The Independent. Retrieved 17 August 2020.
- Sydney Morning Herald, 16 December 2006, "Drug tsar uses silence in fight to keep villa".
- "Enter the Baroness Nina". LIFE. Time, Inc. (11 February 1972): 30–39. 1972. ISSN 0024-3019.
- Reed, Christopher (21 December 2017). "Clifford Irving obituary". The Guardian. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Clifford Irving, famous hoaxer – obituary". The Daily Telegraph. 22 December 2017. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- Obituary: Robert Kirby. Guardian. 27 March 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nina van Pallandt.|