My Santa (2019 film)
My Santa is a 2019 Indian Malayalam-language children's comedy drama film, directed by Sugeeth and written by Jemin Cyriac, starring Dileep, Sunny Wayne, Anusree and Kalabhavan Shajohn. The film is produced by Nishad Koya, Ajeesh OK, Sajith Krishna and Saritha Sugeeth for the banner of Wall Poster Entertainment. The music is composed by Vidyasagar.
|Produced by||Nishad Koya|
Ajeesh O. K.
|Written by||Jemin Cyriac|
Wall Poster Entertainment
|Distributed by||Kalasangham Films|
Aisa Elizabeth (Baby Manasvi), a second-grader, lost her father, mother, and grandmother in an accident. She is staying with her grandfather (Sai Kumar). Grandfather, pet Elliamma, loving neighbors and schoolgirl Anna Teresa (Baby Devananda) is her world.
Santa is the protagonist of Aisa's mind from her grandfather's stories. She hoped that Santa Claus is alive somewhere and that Santa would come to see her once in a while. She also had some wish to ask Santa that Christmas. Last Christmas night, Santa (Dileep) arrives to meet Aisa as she wishes. Santa accompanies her that night to fulfil her wishes.
- Dileep as Abel Abraham Thekkan / Santa Claus
- Baby Manasvi as Isa Elizabeth Jacob
- Baby Devanandha as Anna Theresa, Isa's Friend
- Sunny Wayne as Eby Mathew
- Anusree as Deepa Abel
- Sai Kumar as Isa's Grandfather "Kuttoosan"
- Siddique as Paul Pappan
- Kalabhavan Shajon as Shareeff
- Indrans as Krishnan
- Dharmajan as Manukuttan
- Suresh Krishna as Doctor
- Irshad as Deepas Brother
- Manju Pathrose as Smitha Paul
- Deeraj Rathnam as
- Shashankan Mayyanad as Manukuttans Friend
- Anaswara Rajan as Adult Isa (Cameo)
- Aju Varghese as Joji Varghese (Cameo)
- Shine Tom Chacko as Police Officer (Cameo)
- Nandhan Unni as Art Director (Cameo)
- Govind Padmasoorya as Isa's Father (Photo Presence)
- Sshivada as Isa's Mother (Photo Presence)
Ajith of Malayala Manorama wrote that "with ample doses of humor and emotions, My Santa is a feel good entertainer that would excite the young audience and draw families to the theaters this holiday season." Sajin Shrijith of The New Indian Express stated that "this Santa brings a few cheers but no gifts" and added: "My Santa is a film that demands too much from the viewer. In addition to requiring an immense reserve of patience, it requires one to put up with its heightened theatricality, 90s-style melodrama, and excessive sweetness." Sify rated it 3 out of 5 stars and gave the verdict: "Family & Kids special!" The Times of India calling the film "A Christmas gift for children" gave it a 3 out of 5 rating. The reviewer appreciated Baby Manasvi's performance and wrote that she "steals the show with her splendid acting, coming across easily as the loving, innocent and stubborn girl."
- "First look of Dileep in My Santa revealed – The New Indian Express". www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Vidyasagar to score music for Dileep's next, My Santa". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Dileep starrer 'My Santa' to release on Christmas – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- ZEE5 Staff (22 August 2020). "Trailer review: My Santa is the perfect dose of comedy for your Onam movie break!". Zee5. Retrieved 22 August 2020.
- Ajith (28 December 2019). "My Santa is a feel good entertainer that draws families". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- Sajin Shrijith (27 December 2019). "'My Santa' review: This Santa brings a few cheers but no gifts". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- Moviebuzz (27 December 2019). "My Santa review: Family & Kids special!". Sify. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- TNN (26 December 2019). "My Santa Movie Review : A Christmas gift for children". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 December 2019.