Musashino Forest Sports Plaza
The Musashino Forest Sports Plaza is a multi-sport venue located in Chōfu, Tokyo, Japan. It will serve as one of the venues for the 2020 Summer Olympics. The Musashino Forest Sports Plaza will host the badminton, fencing competitions and wheelchair basketball games for the 2020 Summer Paralympics. The main arena has a seating capacity of over 10,000, and also includes a swimming pool, a gym, a multi-use sports area and two fitness studios, that is available for use by the general public. It is the first new venue completed for Tokyo 2020. Construction took three and a half years and cost over $300 million to complete.
|Location||Chōfu, Tokyo, Japan|
|Opened||25 November 2017|
|Construction cost||Over $300 million|
In October 2018, the venue hosted the Japan Open Tennis Championships as the Ariake Coliseum is being renovated for the tennis events at the 2020 Summer Olympics. It is used for staging 2020 Summer Olympics badminton events.
- "Games Information｜2020 Games Preparation｜Bureau of Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games Preparation". www.2020games.metro.tokyo.jp. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Tokyo 2020; First new venue completed". Architecture of the Games. 14 September 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Tokyo 2020 organisers unveil first new venue". International Olympic Committee. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Channel, NTV-NNN-JAPAN / NBC News. "First venue for 2020 Olympics now complete". Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Gatto, Luigi (11 May 2018). "ATP 500 of Tokyo to switch venue". Tennis World USA. Retrieved 28 September 2018.