|Launched||7 November 1991 (original);|
7 April 2009 (relaunch)
|Owned by||El Murr Family|
|Picture format||576p, (SDTV)|
|Eco Net||12120 MHz - HORIZONTAL - 31250 -7/8|
|CableVision||11960 MHz - HORIZONTAL - 30000 – 2/3 (DVBS2-8PSK)|
|Digitek||12100 MHz - VERTICAL - 28175 -7/8|
|Nilesat NILESAT / EUTELSAT 7WA||@ 7.3 DEGREES WEST - 12360 MHz - VERTICAL -27500 - 3/4 TpE34|
|Badr-4||@ 26 East - 11938 V 27500 (HDTV only)|
|Intelsat 19||@ 166 DEGREES EAST - 12646 MHz - HORIZONTAL - 28066 - 3/4 Tp20K- MYSAT ARABIC BOUQUET.|
|INTELSAT 21\INTELSAT 21||@ 58 DEGREES WEST - 4120 MHz - VERTICAL - 27500 - 3/4 Tp21 - FREE TO AIR (Targeting both South and North America) requires a big size Dish Antenna.|
|ANIK F3||@ 119 DEGREES WEST - 12050 - RIGHT - 20000 - 3/4 Tp23 (North America) - DISH NETWORK ARABIC BOUQUET.|
|Numericable (France)||Channel 660 (SD)|
|Freebox TV (France)||Channel 654 (SD)|
MTV was established in 1991 as a TV channel that sought to cater to the complexity and richness of its Lebanese viewers’ identity by creating a balanced mix of local, Arab, and western media content, with a special emphasis on producing local programming that is tailored to its audience and reflects their aspirations and values.
Embarking on the Political SceneEdit
In November 1994, MTV embarked on the political scene, launching its local news broadcasts along with a number of distinct political and socio-economic shows.
MTV Shut DownEdit
In 2002, during Syrian existence in Lebanon, the Government, engaged in an unlawful process, illegally shut MTV down indefinitely. The main reason of this shutdown that the channel was against the Syrian existence in Lebanon who lasted till 2005.[circular reference]
On August 16, 2005, the Lebanese Parliament voted unanimously for the amendment of the Electoral Law, after which the rights of MTV were re-instituted along with those of an entire sector and public.
"Throughout the days MTV was closed, I never once thought it would live again – because it never died, thanks to you." Chairman & CEO Michel Gabriel El Murr
The channel known as spearhead of the channels who want to return the Syrian refugees to their country ASAP because they take the jobs, electricity, causing pollution and most importantly changing the Demography of Lebanon. In one of their reports about the high rate of cancer disease in Lebanon, they make an interview with a doctor who claimed that the refugees with the disease they have and the bad living conditions increase the rate of cancer in Lebanon. Which was criticized by many public figures.
- Dancing with the Stars (Middle East & North Africa) (Celebrity Dance Show)
- The Voice Kids (Middle East & North Africa)
- Celebrity Duets (Middle East & North Africa; Season 4) (Celebrity Singing Show)
- So You Think You Can Dance - Yalla Nerkos! (Talent show)
- Hayda Haki (Comedy-oriented talk and variety show)
- Mafi Metlo
- Touche pas à mon poste/Menna w Jerr
- Talk of the Town
- Deal or No Deal (Game show)
- Lyrics Board/Heik Min Ghanni
- The Doctors
- Vendredi tout est permis/الليلة جنون (Layle Jnoun)
- Family Freud/Kel Mayle 3ayle
- Chance of a Lifetime/Lamin el Malayin
- Everybody's Equal/Khallik Maana
- Dr. Hala
- Al Hal Enna
- Ktir Salbeh (2010 - 2012)
All MTV productions are done at Studiovision, a leading regional production powerhouse with studios in Lebanon and Dubai. The partnership with Studiovision has helped throughout the years develop groundbreaking programming of the highest production quality, throughout the years, whereby most successful regional shows are produced by Studiovision and aired on MTV.
Website and Mobile ApplicationEdit
MTV is the pioneer leading website in Lebanon amid news portals and broadcasters. The website is a combination of news and TV shows. Moreover, it provides many other services for instance "Live Streaming". It works on mobile devices, tablets and desktops. MTV has won several trophies over the past years. The most fundamental ones are the Golden Award from "Pan Arab Web Awards" for the best strategic TV portal among all TVs and media in Lebanon. And it has recently merited the Diamond Award for "the superlative application of the year" amongst all industries in the MENA region."
- "Lebanon's MTV News Defies Critics, Rolls With the Punches". The Huffington Post. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Syrian occupation of Lebanon
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 October 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "The Voice Kids On MTV Replay". mtv.com.lb. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Lebanese singer lifts country's spirits with Voice Kids win". Retrieved 1 July 2016.