Mountain Strawberries (산딸기 - Sanddalgi) also known as Wild Strawberry is a 1982 South Korean film directed by Kim Su-hyeong. It was the first entry in the Mountain Strawberries series, inspiring five sequels, the last appearing in 1994.
Theatrical poster for Mountain Strawberries (1982)
|Directed by||Kim Su-hyeong|
|Produced by||Seo Byeong-jik|
|Written by||Yoo Ji-hoeng|
|Music by||Jeong Min-seob|
|Edited by||Ree Kyoung-ja|
|Distributed by||Nam A Enterprises Co., Ltd.|
Madame Aema, the first "ero" or erotic film to be made after South Korea's government began relaxing its control of the film industry, was released in February 1982. Mountain Strawberries, starring Aema's Ahn So-young, debuted in September of that year. "Folk erotic" became one of the popular genres of the erotic film in Korea, and Mountain Strawberries was one of the earliest films in that style. Like many of the South Korean erotic films of this era, Mountain Strawberries incorporated melodrama into its softcore pornographic storyline.
Bun-nyeo, a girl in a mountain village loses her virginity to Myong-jun, the village vagabond. After both of her suitors die before they can wed Bun-nyeo, she moves to the city to work in a factory. Myong-jun persuades her to return to the village, but he is arrested for murder. As the film ends, Bun-nyeo is waiting for Myong-jun's release.
- Infobox data from "Mountain Strawberries (Santtalgi)(1982)". Korean Movie Database (KMDb). Retrieved 2009-06-27.
- Lankov, Andrei (2007-12-13). "(481) Dictating Sex". The Korea Times. Archived from the original on 2007-12-26. Retrieved 2007-12-19.
- "Discovery of Hometown Films". Korean Film Archive. Retrieved 2007-10-25. External link in
- Min, Eung-jun; Joo Jin-sook; Kwak Han-ju (2003). "Korean National Cinema in the 1980s". Korean Film; History, Resistance, and Democratic Imagination. Westport, Connecticut and London: Praeger Publishers. p. 64. ISBN 0-275-95811-6.
- "Mountain Strawberries (Santtalgi)(1982)". Korean Movie Database (KMDb). Retrieved 2009-06-27.
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an erotic film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|