Mostafizur Rahman (politician)
Mostafizur Rahman Fizar (born 29 November 1953) is a Bangladeshi politician who was the minister for Primary and Mass Education and a member of parliament of Bangladesh since 2008. He formerly served as the State Minister for the Ministry of Environment and Forest and later took over the Ministry of Land as State Minister, from 31 July 2009 to 21 November 2013.
|Ministry of Primary and Mass Education|
22 January 2014 – 24 January 2019
|Jatiya Sangsad member from Dinajpur-5|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Mohammad Shoaib|
Mostafizur Rahman Fizar
29 November 1953
Phulbari, Dinajpur, East Bengal, Dominion of Pakistan
|Political party||Bangladesh Awami League|
|Alma mater||Rajshahi University|
Fizar was born at Phulbari Upazila in Dinajpur District on 29 November 1953. He finished his SSC from the Sujapur High School and HSC in 1970 from Phulbari College. He fought in Sector-7 of the Bangladesh Liberation war in 1971. He completed his bachelor's and master's in law from Rajshahi University in 1977 and 1986 respectively.
In 1979, Fizar was the organizing secretary of Phulbari Thana Awami League. From 1980 to 1992, he was Organizing Secretary of Dinajpur District Awami League. From 1992 to 2012, he was elected the General Secretary of Dinajpur District Awami League. In 2013, he was elected President of the Dinajpur District Awami League.
Fizar was elected member of Jatiya Sangsad six consecutive times since 1986 from Dinajpur-5. In the seventh parliament, he served as the chairman of the standing committee on disaster management and relief ministry. He also served as a member of the parliamentary standing committee on public accounts and on communication ministry. He was appointed the State Minister of Environment and Forest. From 31 July 2009 to 21 November 2013, he was the state minister of land.
- "Profile Of Ministers". The Daily Star. 2009-01-09. Archived from the original on 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2018-11-28.
- সাবেক মন্ত্রীবৃন্দ [Past ministers]. mopme.gov.bd.
- "PSC, JSC exams now under primary education ministry". The Daily Star. 2016-07-30. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- "Ministry decides to abolish public exams at fifth grade". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- মাননীয় মন্ত্রী. Ministry of Primary and Mass Education (in Bengali). Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- "Md. Mostafizur Rahman -মোঃ মোস্তাফিজুর রহমান Biography". Amarmp. Retrieved 2018-07-25.