Misibis Bay (TV series)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Misibis Bay is a Philippine mini television drama series to be broadcast by TV5 starring Ritz Azul, Christopher De Leon, Daniel Matsunaga, Vin Abrenica, Victor Silayan, Megan Young, Malak So Shdifat and Luke Jickain. It premiered on July 1, 2013 on the network's primetime block.
|Created by||ABC Development Corporation|
|Developed by||Elmer L. Gatchalian|
|Directed by||Monti Parungao|
|Starring||Ritz Azul |
Christopher De Leon
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||45|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||July 1 –|
August 30, 2013 (as Misibis Bay)
October 14, 2013 - December 6, 2013
(as Misibis Bay Retum to Paradise)
The series is the third offering of TV5 Mini Serye. Like its first offering, Sa Ngalan ng Ina and its second offering, Nandito Ako, the show is intended for six-week run, but the series was extended for two weeks due to its successful ratings.
Set in Bicol's breathtaking resort of the same name, MISIBIS BAY is TV5's mini-serye about Maita Ramirez, a poor girl whose life turns around when she marries resort magnate Anthony Cadiz. But can an uneducated girl from the slums survive the privileged world of the rich? Starring TV5 Princess Ritz Azul in her first daring role, Misibis Bay (TV Series) heats up the rainy season with its steamy story of love, betrayal, revenge, and desire.
- Ritz Azul as Maita Ramirez - Maita is a slum girl who dreams of providing a comfortable life for her ailing grandmother. Her marriage to a rich but older man will lead to a sudden reversal of her fortune.
- Christopher de Leon as Anthony Cadiz - Anthony is a real estate tycoon who has three sons from different mothers. His sudden decision to marry a young woman will trigger a series of events that will test the loyalty of his own family.
- Vivian Velez as Miranda Cadiz - Miranda is Anthony's scheming and manipulative older sister who secretly wants to take over her brother's resort.
- Boots Anson-Roa as Delia Ramirez - Delia is Maita's grandmother. She is the original owner of their inherited land stole by Miranda.
- Daniel Matsunaga as Andrew Cadiz - Andrew is the eldest and most business-minded of Anthony's three sons. He is engaged to be married to socialite Lara Borromeo, but he will find himself falling for Maita.
- Vin Abrenica as Charlie Cadiz- Mild-mannered and a bit nerdy, Charlie is the youngest of the Cadiz brothers. But unknown to him, there is a secret that covers his true identity.
- Victor Silayan as Bernard Cadiz - Bernard is Anthony's second son. A roguish playboy, he loves to party and organizes most of the events in the resort. He's attracted to Maita... and just about every girl in the island.
- Megan Young as Lara Borromeo - Lara is a young socialite and the Vice-President of her family's garments company. She is engaged to Andrew, but she finds Maita's presence a threat to their relationship.
- Luke Jickain as Tommy - Tommy works as a lifeguard in the resort, and is friends with Andrew and Bernard.
- Malak So Shdifat as Didi - Didi is Maita's best friend and one of the resort's staff.
- Andrea del Rosario as Maggie - Personal assistant at Cadiz Group.
- Bing Pimentel as Rosalee - Lara's mother.
- Say Alonzo as new personal assistant at Cadiz Group.
TV5 agreed that Misibis Bay (TV Series) will have a sequel called "Misibis Bay: Return to Paradise", which will be launched on October 14 at 4pm.
- "Ritz Azul denies being courted by Misibis Bay co-star Daniel Matsunaga | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "TV5 talent Malak So Shdifat on doing daring roles: 'Open ako sa mga ganito, mga small, sexy lang naman, e. Hindi ko pa kaya yung sobra-sobra.'". pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "Ritz Azul denies Daniel Matsunaga is pursuing her: 'Parang nakikita ko sa kanya na parang wala pa sa isip niya yung ganoon.'". pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-04-11.