Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (Albania)
The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure (Albanian: Ministria e Transportit dhe Infrastrukturës) was a department of the Albanian Government responsible for the transport, infrastructure, technical standards, water supply and sanitation, and urban waste management.
|Ministria e Transportit dhe Infrastrukturës|
Since the establishment of the institution, the Ministry of Transport has been reorganized by joining other departments or merging with other ministries, thus making its name change several times. This list reflects the changes made since 1992:
- Ministry of Transport and Communications (Ministria e Transporteve dhe Komunikacioneve) from 1992 to 1994
- Ministry of Industry, Transport and Trade (Ministria e Industrisë, Transportit dhe Tregtisë) from 1994 to 1997
- Ministry of Public Works and Transport (Ministria e Punëve Publike dhe Transporteve) from 1997 to 1999
- Ministry of Transport (Ministria e Transporteve) from 1999 to 2002
- Ministry of Transport and Communications (Ministria e Transporteve dhe Komunikacioneve) from 2002 to 2005
- Ministry of Public Works, Transport and Communications (Ministria e Punëve Publike, Transporteve dhe Komunikacioneve) from 2005 to 2013
- Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure (Ministria e Transportit dhe Infrastrukturës) from 2013 to 2017
The Ministry of Transport was dissolved in September 2017. The department of transportation was merged with the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy, which carries out all the functions that it had until 2017.
The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure is made up of several subordinate structures. These include: the General Directorate of Policy, the Directorate of Transportation Policy, the Directorate of Water Supply and Sewage Policy, the General Directorate of Standards and Monitoring, the Directorate for Licensing and Construction Regulations, the Directorate of Monitoring and Statistics, the Directorate of Traffic and Road Safety, the Directorate of Support Services, the Directorate of Fincance, the General Directorate for Integration, the Directorate for Projects, and the Directorate for European Integration.
- "Drejtoritë" (in Albanian). Albanian Ministry of Transportation. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
|This article about government in Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|