Michael H. Corbin (born 1960) is a United States career foreign service officer and diplomat. As of August 2011[update] he was the United States Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates. He was nominated to the post on May 9, 2011, confirmed by the U.S. Senate on June 30, and sworn in by Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs William J. Burns on July 25. He arrived in Abu Dhabi on July 27 and presented his credentials to Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Juma Mubarak Al Junaibi the next day, July 28.
|Michael H. Corbin|
|United States Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates|
July 25, 2011 – December 16, 2014
|Preceded by||Richard Olson|
|Succeeded by||Barbara A. Leaf|
|United States Ambassador to Syria|
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Stephen A. Seche|
|Succeeded by||Maura Connelly|
|Profession||Diplomat, Career Ambassador|
He graduated from Swarthmore College, with a B.A. He served in the Peace Corps in Mauritania, from 1982 to 1984. He was the Minister Counselor, for Economic and Political Affairs in Egypt, from 2003 to 2006. He was Chargé d'Affaires in Syria, from 2006 to 2008. He was Minister Counselor, for Political-Military Affairs in Iraq from 2008 to 2009. He was the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, in the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, 2009–11.
He married Mary Ellen Hickey; they have two children; Alexa and Justin.
- "Michael H. Corbin". Office of the Historian, U.S. Department of State. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- "Ambassador Michael H. Corbin". United States Department of State, U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi. Archived from the original on 2011-09-09. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "Nominations and Appointments". United States White House. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Michael H. Corbin". United States Department of State. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "The New US Ambassador Presents Credentials". United Arab Emirates Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Archived from the original on 2011-10-08. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "The New US Ambassador Presents Credentials". WAM Emirates News Agency. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- "Rice University News & Media | Rice University News & Media". Media.rice.edu. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- Abu Muqawama (2009-06-09). "The American Way of COIN | Center for a New American Security". Cnas.org. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- "State Department ramps up in Iraq as military winds down | Federal Times". federaltimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michael H. Corbin.|
Stephen A. Seche
|U.S. Chargé d'Affaires ad interim to Syria
|U.S. Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates
Barbara A. Leaf