Mercedes-AMG G65 AMG(Redirected from Mercedes-AMG G65)
Mercedes-AMG G65 is a V12 engined (with twin turbochargers) version of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class. The vehicle weighs 6250-pounds (2835 kg) (US model as estimated by an automotive magazine publication) and has 603 hp going into a seven-speed transmission as of 2016. In the United States it cost $224,000 USD in the year 2016, another source says it cost $218,000 USD. It was noted as being cheaper than a previous limited production run of Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6x6 (old-style name) from 2013. (note in this period of the 2010s, transition AMG vehicles from Mercedes-Benz to Mercedes-AMG branding. The US Version was previewed at the New York Auto Show in the spring of 2015 as a Mercedes-AMG model.
The basic model was introduced in Europe in 2012 and in 2015 was introduced in the United States as a Mercedes-AMG brand model. Prior to its US launch, Daimler experienced sales of over 3000 G-class vehicles of which about half were the AMG specification version. The car tuner Brabus also made a version of the G65.
Mercedes-AMG is a brand of Daimler AG (Mercedes-Benz, Unimog, AMG, and Smart)
Sometimes it called the Mercedes-Benz G65 AMG
The 2018 model for the USA has the AMG bi-turbocharger V-12 producing 621 horsepower and 738 lb-ft (US units). This is connected to a 7-speed transmission and full-time four wheel drive drivetrain. The G65 is more oriented towards urban driving, with low-profile tires and a 0-60 mph (96.56 kph) time of 5.1 seconds making it fastest of MB G-Class models offered then.
- Wheelbase 112.2 in
- Length 188.5 in
- Width 73.0 in
- 25.4 gallons (about 96.15 litres) 
- 36 degrees
- 27 degrees
- Car and Driver - 2016 Mercedes-Benz G65 AMG
- Bloomberg - 2016 Mercedes-Benz G65 AMG Is a $200,000 Way to Brag
- 2016 Mercedes-AMG G65 Brings V-12 Goodness For $218,825: Live Photos
- Instrumented Test, March 2016
- Mercedes kills AMG Sport sub-brand, promotes existing models to full AMG status January 15, 2016
- NY LIVE: 2016 Mercedes-AMG G65
- Brabus Eight Hundred IBusiness Mercedes Benz G65 AMG
- MB-USA page for G65 (2018)