McCain Foods Limited is a Canadian multi-national privately owned company established in 1957 in Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. It is the world's largest manufacturer of frozen potato products. Its major competitors are Simplot and ConAgra.
|Founded||Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada (1957)|
|Headquarters||Florenceville-Bristol, New Brunswick, Canada|
|Allison D. McCain - Chairman|
Max Koeune - President & CEO of McCain Foods Limited
Danielle Barran - President of McCain Foods (Canada)
|Products||French fries, appetizers, vegetables, desserts, entrees, and oven meals|
|Revenue||$6.8 billion USD (2017)|
Number of employees
In their first year of production, the company hired 30 employees and grossed over $150,000 in sales. During the 1970s-1990s, the company expanded into additional prepared food markets including frozen pizza and vegetables.
As of 2017, the company is the world's largest manufacturer of frozen potato products, and has over 20,000 employees and 47 production facilities in six continents. The company generates more than C$8.5 billion in annual sales.
Based on 2014 sales, it is the 19th largest private company in Canada, according to The Globe and Mail's Report on Business. Nancy McCain, of the McCain family, is married to Canadian Finance Minister Bill Morneau.
- "McCain corporate fact release" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on June 10, 2012.
- "Company history". Archived from the original on April 19, 2012.
- email@example.com, HEATHER KENNISON. "UPDATE: McCain Foods plans $200 million, 180 job expansion of Burley plant". Twin Falls Times-News. Retrieved October 3, 2017.
- Philpott, Tom (November 14, 1014). "Will This New GMO Potato Take Off? McDonald's Has Spoken". Mother Jones. Mother Jones and the Foundation for National Progress. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- Press, The Associated. "McCain Foods co-founder Wallace McCain dies at 81". sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "McCain's passing raises questions". The Globe and Mail. March 12, 2009. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "McCain Foods". www.careerbeacon.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "McCain Foods co-founder dies". CBC News. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- "McCain Foods USA to invest $200 million in french fry manufacturing expansion". Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- "2012 Rankings of Canada's 350 biggest private companies". June 28, 2012 – via The Globe and Mail.
- Tom Parkin (December 4, 2017). "PARKIN: Morneau scandal shows middle class was never Liberals' top concern". The Toronto Sun.
- "New on-pack promotion from McCain". Talking Retail. February 15, 2017. Retrieved October 3, 2017.
- "Competition to win a taste of fame and fortune with McCain Home Fries". PRWeb. Retrieved October 3, 2017.