Marcel Wenceslau Ferreira (born January 17, 1981, in São Paulo) is a Brazilian taekwondo practitioner, who competed in the men's flyweight category. He pocketed both a Pan American and South American titles in his own division, picked up a bronze medal at the 2007 World Taekwondo Championships in Beijing, China, and represented his nation Brazil at the 2004 Summer Olympics. Ferreira is also the elder brother of taekwondo jin Márcio Wenceslau, who later competed in the same category at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
|Full name||Marcel Wenceslau Ferreira|
|Born||17 January 1981|
São Paulo, Brazil
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb)|
Ferreira qualified for the Brazilian squad in the men's flyweight class (58 kg) at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, by granting a berth and placing second behind Mexico's Óscar Salazar from the Pan American Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Querétaro. Ferreira lost his opening match 2–10 to Egyptian fighter and eventual bronze medalist Tamer Bayoumi. With Bayoumi being beaten by Chinese Taipei's Chu Mu-yen in the semifinal, Ferreira denied his chance to compete for the Olympic bronze medal through the repechage.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Marcel Ferreira". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Eliminado do Pan é bronze no Mundial" [Eliminated Pan American wins the bronze at the World Champs] (in Portuguese). Folha de S. Paulo. 22 May 2007. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Em luta inédita, Marcel Wenceslau vence irmão Márcio na final do taekwondo no Circuito Brasil Olímpico" [In an unprecedented fight, Marcel Wenceslau wins over his brother Marcio in the taekwondo final at the Brazilian Olympic Circuit Series] (in Portuguese). Brazilian Olympic Committee. 5 March 2003. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Athens 2004: Taekwondo – Men's Entry List by NOC" (PDF). Athens 2004. LA84 Foundation. pp. 2–4. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Taekwondo: Brasil conquista vagas para Atenas" [Taekwondo: Brazil sealed more places to Athens] (in Portuguese). O Globo. 3 February 2004. Archived from the original on 8 January 2015. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Taekwondo – Men's Flyweight (58kg/128lbs) Round of 16". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 12 August 2004. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Brasileiro Marcel Wenceslau perde na primeira luta no taekwondo" [Brazilian Marcel Wenceslau lost the opening match in taekwondo] (in Portuguese). Folha de S. Paulo. 26 August 2004. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Brasil consegue o segundo bronze no Mundial de taekwondo" [Brazil obtains a second bronze in taekwondo] (in Portuguese). Universo Online. 21 May 2007. Retrieved 8 January 2015.