Maher (given name)
(Redirected from Maher (Arabic name))
- For the variant Arabic given name and surname, see Mahir.
Maher (Arabic: ماهر) is an Arabic given name meaning "skillful" or "talented" or "expert." In Arabic context, it is pronounced "Maa-her."
Notable people with the name include:
- Maher Abd al-Rashid, Iraqi Army General during the Saddam Hussein rule
- Maher al-Assad, Syrian general and commander of the Republican Guard
- Maher Arar, Syrian-Canadian telecommunications engineer whose legal case involved compensation for "extraordinary rendition" practiced against him
- Maher Bouallegue, Tunisian Paralympian athlete
- Maher Charif, Palestinian Marxist historian
- Maher Jamal, Syrian politician
- Maher Sabra (born 1992), Lebanese footballer
- Maher Sabry, Egyptian theater director, playwright, film director, producer and screenwriter, poet, writer
- Maher Zain, Arab-Swedish R&B singer, songwriter and music producer of Lebanese origin