Celebrity Equinox(Redirected from MV Celebrity Equinox)
Celebrity Equinox is a Solstice-class cruise ship built by Meyer Werft in Germany. Celebrity Equinox is the second of the five Solstice-class vessels, owned and operated by Celebrity Cruises. She is a sister ship of Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Silhouette and the Celebrity Reflection. Celebrity Equinox entered commercial service for Celebrity Cruises on July 31, 2009.
Celebrity Equinox in Venice, 2014
|Owner:||2008 onwards: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.|
|Port of registry:||Valletta, Malta|
|Builder:||Meyer Werft, Papenburg, Germany|
|Laid down:||6 August 2008|
|Maiden voyage:||July 31, 2009|
|General characteristics |
|Class and type:||Solstice-class cruise ship|
|Length:||317.2 m (1,041 ft)|
|Beam:||36.9 m (121 ft)|
|Draft:||8.3 m (27 ft)|
|Depth:||11.3 m (37 ft)|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two ABB Azipod units|
|Speed:||24 knots (44 km/h; 28 mph)|
Celebrity Equinox and her sisters offer a wide variety of stateroom categories, including Celebrity Cruises' signature ConciergeClass and the new AquaClass.
Onboard amenities include a large theater called Equinox Theater; as with its sister ships, the name of the ship is included in the name of the theater. Multiple restaurant dining options including a dedicated restaurant for AquaClass guests called Blu; the Patio on the Lawn where guests can relax and have a picnic or play croquet; numerous bars and clubs; the Solstice Deck, the top deck of the ship; a youth facility called the Fun Factory; and iLounge, which is the Internet cafe. All Solstice-class ships were retrofitted with Apple Computer-based iLounges beginning in 2010. The ship also features many other common and unique features. Some innovations include glass-blowing classes/demonstrations as well as The Lawn Club, a live grass lawn between the ship's funnels on the upper deck.
Celebrity Equinox is scheduled to undergo a dry dock in May 2019.
- Kate McCue, Captain of the Equinox 2018 onwards
- "Press Ticker". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Celebrity Equinox (26784)". DNV GL Vessel Register. Det Norske Veritas. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- "The Celebrity Equinox Begins Its Conveyance at Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany - Travel Agent Central". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Cruises, Celebrity. "Celebrity Cruises Introduces 'Celebrity iLounge'". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "The grass is really greener on Celebrity Solstice". Cruise Business Review. 2008-01-18. Archived from the original on October 2, 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
- "Cruise Ship Dry Dock/Upgrade Schedules for Cruise Lines in 2018-2023". cruisefever.net. Retrieved 2018-08-07.